Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my mate ballsed up , opinions on damage

my mate ballsed up , opinions on damage

my mate was on the phone last night, telling me he was out zeroing in his 308, he started at the target at about 20 yards , firing 3 shots , didnt even hit the paper, he moved closer and fired another 3

only then did he realize he had been firing 243 bullets,

opinions on any damage caused

He was lucky no damage was caused to himself never mind the rifle !

1 - he phoned you and told you?

2 - he's still your friend?

Te he he, he's a lucky boy! Like you say now's the time to assess the damage, hope it isn't too bad the boys going to suffer enough with all the ribbing!

Get it bore scoped, surprised he didn't notice a difference when firing

I've got no experience of this or similar, but thinking from a logical view point, I don't think there would be any damage. The round obviously fit the chamber well enough for the primer to be in the correct position to be hit by the firing pin and function, so one would assume no damage there...

The bore is designed to fire a .308 bullet, I can't imagine that using a smaller bullet would do any damage. If in doubt tell him to have a look at it with a bore scope.

I remember raring of certain free bullet killers which were .38 cal barrels with .32 cal chambers. They fired .32 cal bullets. The barrel was ported, allowing muzzle to skin contac with the target if possible/necessary. Apparently the logic is to ensure that the pistol is inherently inaccurate, reducing the chance of it being used on people...

Where did the bullet heads end up ?

Is this meant to be in the "Jokes and Funnies" section?

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post

Yeah, two dead horses in the field behind, a new Lexus with a hole in the engine a mile and a half away, a broken window and a wounded limousin bullock....
    Last edited by Buckaroo8; 07-07-2013 at 08:28. Reason: Addition of ROFL in case anyone thought I was serious

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Attachment 30019Attachment 30020I am almost sure he should have noticed that the bolt would have been hard to close,

the shoulder on a 243 is at differant angles to that of the 308 thus the above problem.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    my mate was on the phone last night, telling me he was out zeroing in his 308, he started at the target at about 20 yards , firing 3 shots , didnt even hit the paper, he moved closer and fired another 3

only then did he realize he had been firing 243 bullets,

You want to delete this thread in isn't funny it is tragic ,a mate I'd disown such I fool .

It states on the barrel .308
    It also states on the brass .308

Does he not read .

Starting his zero at 20 yds I'd love to see how much ammunition he goes through zeroing a weapon .

Damage caused to his reputation or yours huge to the barrel mmmmm little none or lots only a barrel scope can check the rifling for any damage . The mark one eye ball wont do the job, well his wont he cant even see the writing on the barrel or the brass .