Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy blood trail for pup Bruce...

Easy blood trail for pup Bruce...

See last post!!!
    Last edited by BunnyDoom; 06-07-2013 at 23:35. Reason: Bell ends who can't read a bloody post!

Who taught you this????

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Not trying to be offensive
    ​but wot the feck was that???

No lead, no harness, no control,
    i think you may need to review your training methods.

tony

Exactly Tony
    check out this free running dog right next to the main road with out control
    If it had gone ten yards further to the left and been hit by that car
    would the video of been posted with such joy
    this is not a tracking vid but a vid of not what to do with any dog by any responsible dog owner
    ​words surpass my feeling here... Shamefull

Crikey guys it was just a bit of fun (as the post explained)!!! Dog comes back on call and is road aware as I live in town. Girlfriend was on the only road he had to cross so I wasn't bothered.

yes I know proper tracking is done on a harness! I'm hardly going to train my dog in a bloody kids park am I?! Was just interested to see what he'd do and thought I'd post the result! I know my dog!

vid removed as can't be bothered with you lot.

Nowt to do with proper tracking but more to do with safety of the dog and the portrayal of what you deemed as appropriate for great entertainment value

I take it the girlfriend is a larger than life figure or a record breaking athlete to cover that much ground to protect the dog
    the removal of the vid suggests you don't really know what you are portraying
    otherwise you would of stuck to your guns

I think you posted the vid to try and portray how good your dog was via the methods you are training it totowards hoping to get lots of praise
    sorry
    but that is not what owning and training a dog is about
    any one with a decent lab can send their dog back on a straight blind and find the prize
    ​ where on this vid did tracking come into it...??

What supportive, constructive criticism. I'm surprised more people don't post videos of their dogs when they're given this much help and support. This is sarcasm for the less intelligent.

Would it have hurt to say something like 'your dog looks like it has a good nose with potential but can we start by training you a little...'

I watched the video and the only time a car came it was called back and never in any danger.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    What supportive, constructive criticism. I'm surprised more people don't post videos of their dogs when they're given this much help and support. This is sarcasm for the less intelligent. Would it have hurt to say something like 'your dog looks like it has a good nose with potential but can we start by training you a little...' I watched the video and the only time a car came it was called back and never in any danger.
    Shabz it was I that has been giving BunnyDoom advice on how to train a dog to track/train the dog.
    Nowhere have I told him to train a dog as such and BunnyDoom knows this,I have/will support him if he wishes too listen.
    If not no problem but at no point if he does not listen,do I want to be associated with that method of training a dog.
    BunnyDoom knows this and I've spoken to him.
    Shabz-the dog was going too fast for his nose.
    Now,fine in a grass field like that-what about when dog is out of sight-what's happening.
    Bunnydoom and numerous others have asked for advice and I've given it freely.
    Some listen others don't-cest la vie.
    Ones that do-6month old lab doing 18hour old cold tracks-no blood-800m long with numerous bends in the track.
    That video was far removed from tracking and Bunnydoom has seen a training track conducted but my advice to anyone is not to take any positives from the video that was posted,the dog is young and should not be trained as such,every day is a training day for a young dog,do this type of thing once or twice and you end up with an unruly dog.
    Now Shabz-ask how much control the dog has when stalking.
    People need to walk before running and not skimping on basics.
    This is positive constructive criticism as Bunnydoom knows and I will not lie to someone who I have tried to tell a correct way too do things-if they don't want too listen,please don't associate me in the training attempt.If Bunnydoom continues in this vain the dog will chase deer here there and everywhere.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

This thread is one of the reasons I don't post on here regularly anymore.

Too many people looking to shoot you down in flames than actually help or advise.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!