Thread: reloads

reloads

Morning, i would be interested to hear from anyone who reloads for a .243 sako 85, its more to do with overal lenght?
    Neil

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Morning, i would be interested to hear from anyone who reloads for a .243 sako 85, its more to do with overal lenght?
    Neil
    the OAL will vary from rifle to rifle even the same make,what exactly are you trying to achieve

Hi, Just bought a new sako 85 just been useing up the old ammo that i reloaded for my old gun and its grouping well, the legnth is 2.625.

Hi , The maximum COL is stated as 2,650" , you are under this measurement so they should feed ok .
    If I were you I would develop a new load to this COL , and just come up through your powder charge again watching for pressure signs .
    It is not normally recommended to use handloads across different rifle's ,as then have been made to suit a certain set of tolerance's and you could find yourself over pressure .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Outback View Post
    Hi , The maximum COL is stated as 2,650" , you are under this measurement so they should feed ok .
    If I were you I would develop a new load to this COL , and just come up through your powder charge again watching for pressure signs .
    It is not normally recommended to use handloads across different rifle's ,as then have been made to suit a certain set of tolerance's and you could find yourself over pressure .

Cheers
    I might be wrong in saying but no fear in high pressures as i always load to minimum powder charge, as relatively new to reloading,
    Neil

Hi neil I have a sako 85 in 243 feel free to pm me if you need any help
    Regards jim