Window Stickers

Rob Mac

Evening

I'm getting some window stickers printed to promote The Stalking Directory.

First of all I was just going to get some circular ones printed with the logo, as per the top left of this page - but that felt a little formal, too BASC or BDS. So I thought that it would be better if I came up with a few words to accompany it.

So far the best I can do is -

The logo with 'Better a bad day on the hill than a good day in the office.'

Another was - 'May God keep the wolves in the hills and the deer in your scope.' But sounded too American!

So help is required. With the collective wit now found on this site, surely together we can do better! If anyone can do better, please let me know and I'll get them printed.

Cheers,

Rob

May the force of the Beaver be with you?

I have been Beavering on the Stalking Forum?

A Beaver is for life not just for Christmas?

Watch out theres a Beaver about?

Seriously

Stalking Directory, nearly as good as stalking itself.

Stalking Directory, one step from the real thing

Ok its late I am off to bed, no I will not be thinking of Beaver either :rolleyes:

Evening Malc

I think I preferred your thoughts before you got to the 'seriously' bit!

Cheers,

Rob

Who was it on the site who said, Quote:- 'If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, why did God make them out of meat'? Substitute Deer or Beaver for meat and you have a winner! :lol:

How about 'stalkers have big weapons'. Seriously Rob, I like your first suggestion.

Think you will find that was my quote.
I do however have concerns about car stickers for shooters and never put my BASC or Wildfowling club sticker in my car.

I am afraid it will advertise the fact that I am a shooter and I am concerned that my car will be broken into in search of my rifle or shotgun..

w
however how about
"stalkers prefer it with a horn on"

Steve

I think you're going to have to try harder!

It's out there somewhere and we'll know it when we see it.

Cheers,

Rob

I agree with you poddle although I am told by plod that the last thing a casual thief wants is to nick a gun cos he knows he would be public enemy number one if he does.

poddle said:
Think you will find that was my quote.
I do however have concerns about car stickers for shooters and never put my BASC or Wildfowling club sticker in my car.

I am afraid it will advertise the fact that I am a shooter and I am concerned that my car will be broken into in search of my rifle or shotgun..

w
however how about
"stalkers prefer it with a horn on"

Its more likely to attract the attention of the ever growing number of antis rather than the opportunist thief.

The only sticker in my car, is the RSPB one, Im not a member but if someone finds my car parked up, they may think Im birdwatching, not shooting so the car should be left alone.

Now that bobt is a great idea. They must get a tad confused when they see you dragging a dead animal back to the car.

Maybe thats the answer Rob. A sticker that would mean nothing to the vegetarians. 'big bores do it best' perhaps.

How about 'The Stalking Directory, The most fun you can have infront of your PC without a handful of kleenex!' :lol:

I have had trouble with antis to. I have three car stickers in the rear window, The Royal Forestry Society, BASC and BDS. I find that idiots tend to spit on or throw things, eggs and other junk at the window where the stickers are! Its got so bad that I have had to remove the Royal Forestry Society sticker! :eek:

Rob, How about doing the car sticker as the normal logo, then making up some T' shirts for the CLA with something witty on them? That way we would be sure of the sort of comments we would recieve. EG no antis at the game fair! I'll put my order in now, a xxl for me and a medium for Tikka-ess please. :D

The T'shirts would be good advertising and would help us to recognise each other in the crowds. What do you think? :confused:

I reckon Beowulf is getting problems due to his rather obsessive interest in BEAVERS. A string of ****ed of soiiled beavers have joined forces and gone on a WULF hunt, armed with spit and eggs
I think he should change his name to BEAVERWULF for a while until this strange phase passes.

:p

how about

"time spent stalking is not deducted from ones lifetime"

"use enough gun"

or, for some members....

"the blaser R93 fan club"

:lol: ;) :evil:

'Does my beaver look big in this?' 'Honk your horn if your Rutting!' 'Bill Oddie is the anti Christ and must die!' 'Johnny Kingdom, living proof that cousins shouldn't marry!'

Consider the average Policeman, 4am in the morning a car spotted with a small sticker about being a Stalker in the window driving out of a housing estate, 12 hours later your released from the holding cell minus your firearm.
I'm not saying the police are not to bright, but. :eek:

Back