Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some advice on 2.5-15x56 z6i vs 3-12x56 victory

need some advice on 2.5-15x56 z6i vs 3-12x56 victory

i went yesterday to put a deposit on a z6i.but when i was their the man was trying to sway me the zeiss range so he got me think when he said that the zeiss victory had extra 15 mins in low light compared to the z6i[1st gen] is this true any advice would be great as im new here.also the z6i 1st is going for 1600 euro [1300 pound] which would be the best scope or is it like splitting hairs thanks lads.

I have a Z6i 2nd generation and on anything other than the darkest evenings(cloudy,no moon) I can see way past an hour after.......dont know if that helps?

is their much difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen in the optic department.thanks for the reply

I couldnt see any difference side by side in daylight..........I assume the glass is the same,just different ggizmos,no?

The only scope Ive ever looked through that beat Zeiss and S&B was a swaro
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I'm not familiar with the Victory as the Zeiss range has got so confused over the last few years that it's hard to keep track of which is which, I assume it's one of the better ones if you are comparing to a Z6i.

I have two Z6i's and I wouldn't swap either for anything else. One thing that I would say, if you want to shoot a deer later into the evening than a Z6i will let you then I suspect that you shouldn't be shooting it!

If they really are neck and neck then I would do a bit of research on customer service and UK back up and let that make the decision for you.

yes its the new victory with the scott ht glass illuminated reticle 60 with the ASV.i have been doing research but its like splitting hairs.the real thing i want to know is their 15 mins between them i think he is talking dung trying to sell me the zeiss because he is the main dealer in ireland of them.if he doesnt sell enough of them he might loss his dealership.the z6i was a trade in on a new zeiss

Having read Glyn and my responses,15 minutes longer is of no use anyway.....as Glyn said look at customer service reports,resale value etc......

Quote Originally Posted by allan450 View Post
    yes its the new victory with the scott ht glass illuminated reticle 60 with the ASV.i have been doing research but its like splitting hairs.the real thing i want to know is their 15 mins between them i think he is talking dung trying to sell me the zeiss because he is the main dealer in ireland of them.if he doesnt sell enough of them he might loss his dealership.the z6i was a trade in on a new zeiss
    the best thing to go on at this level is price and buy the cheaper one, I've a z6i in 5-30x50 and shoot with a mate with the 6-24x50 zeiss with the 60 ret and side by side there is nothing in them when sitting out at last light. The only difference to me is the zeiss is a fair bit larger and heavier but that is being picky.

i have 2 z6i,s ,and yes you can see better through the scope on low mag than you can with your naked eye , having said that i wouldnt be shooting deer at that level of light , great scope and you will not regret buying one , swarovski have in my opinion the best after sales customer care out there , your call!