Thread: Wild Boar on Radio 4

Wild Boar on Radio 4

On Sunday am there was the first of a 2 part programme featuring a Scandanavian chef who comes from a kill it, cook it, eat it background. Well the Sunday programme was on wild boar and was very good, quite positive for the BBC.

Worth listening to and not sure what next weeks will be about.

D

Just listened to it on I Player What a brilliant program high point for the BBC, this man speaks with such passion & understanding BASC should recruit him to speak
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    On Sunday am there was the first of a 2 part programme featuring a Scandanavian chef who comes from a kill it, cook it, eat it background. Well the Sunday programme was on wild boar and was very good, quite positive for the BBC.

Worth listening to and not sure what next weeks will be about.

D
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

For ease, here's the iPlayer link:
    BBC iPlayer - Food Programme: Valentine Warner and Magnus Nilsson's Food Exchange

"In a two-part special, Valentine Warner and Swedish chef Magnus Nilsson swap food stories. In part one, Valentine invites Magnus into the Sussex woods to find British wild boar" (with Simon Barr no less...)
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I listened to it yesterday and found it very interesting, I found the chef very good and I do like Valantine Warner and thought Simon Barr did a good job, hopefully they filmed it and we will see it in a program sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
    I listened to it yesterday and found it very interesting, I found the chef very good and I do like Valantine Warner and thought Simon Barr did a good job, hopefully they filmed it and we will see it in a program sometime.
    Just asked Simon, and no it wasn't filmed unfortunately... Some photos were taken, but that's just not the same

There was a feature on boar a couple of weeks ago on The Shooting Show which was pretty good -
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I caught the end of it in the car yesterday and the rest on the iPlayer - it seems as though the Food Programme is the last bastion of open-mindedness and common sense on the BBC, but the presenters obviously still felt they had to lay on the reservations vs. justification bit with a trowel.

But if that's what it takes to get on air, then so be it.

I did like the notion of a "meat-eating licence" having to be earned by rearing and then killing and animal. Not a practical suggestion of course, more a thought exercise to confound those who assume there's no contradiction between eat eating meat and condemning hunters.

I think this a real shame that it wasn't filmed, the trio involved would make very good viewing and I would stay in to watch it!!

He said at the start of the show that he was making the radio programmes as a spin off from filming a TV series.