Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scone rip-off.

Scone rip-off.

Went to Scone on Sunday... 18 entry fee, 2 car park, 4 for a can of lager, 6 for a vennie burger, 1.50 for a pie the size of an egg, 3 an ice cream. Exhibitors down by a third. Inner ring very poor compared to previous years, no air display. Not one bargain to be had in any of the stands i looked in on.

No change then!! Well there is gate fee uo and now parking a fee. Ill never go back. I made my mind up 2 years ago.

Nutty

hence why i sat my fat arse at home

I think the 2 parking fee is a pi55 take, just greed.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Went to Scone on Sunday... 18 entry fee, 2 car park, 4 for a can of lager, 6 for a vennie burger, 1.50 for a pie the size of an egg, 3 an ice cream. Exhibitors down by a third. Inner ring very poor compared to previous years, no air display. Not one bargain to be had in any of the stands i looked in on.
    I hate to agree with you but you are spot on, I went with the wife and 2 kids could not buy a toy for the kids anywhere over priced. Poor exhibitors with no deals, Gamekeepers Row was a joke.

My mate knows the ice cream vendor... Friday & Saturday sales... 70,000.
    As for the wee fisherman with the kilt i could cast further without the rod!!

Quote Originally Posted by stag243 View Post
    I hate to agree with you but you are spot on, I went with the wife and 2 kids could not buy a toy for the kids anywhere over priced. Poor exhibitors with no deals, Gamekeepers Row was a joke.
    Yeah got to agree with the above, very very poor this time, promised my wee girl whos 4 a pony ride and a wee toy, and the ponys wernt there (could be down to being to hot for the ponys rite enough) and not a single wee toy stall. so as you can imagine i had a grumpy wean all day. closly fallowed by a grumpy dad who couldnt find one single bargain and came home empty handed with a considerably lighter wallet with nothing to show for it. Dont think i'l be back next year unless im looking for a 10k painting or a 20k coffe table.

I stopped going to this about 10 years ago and have never regretted it. Same things in the same place year after year and the price of food there is quite frankly ludicrous. Same as the highland show this year, a total rip off. Luckily I worked it so it cost me nothing to get in or park but I wouldnt have gone and paid that much normally.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    No change then!! Well there is gate fee uo and now parking a fee. Ill never go back. I made my mind up 2 years ago.

Nutty

Agreed . . As did I

Aye well never cost me a thing and a excellent networking day everything accomplished as I set out to do ,just never made I back on the Sunday ah well roll on the free tickets for next year.
    I cannot say I ever really go to the game fair and buy anything, it for me is more of a meeting place see what if anything is new and a hands on look at it .

I did however buy another leather rifle sling from the saddler Wm Rollinson of bridge of earn his stuff is second to none second sling I've bought from him only four to go for a full set 85.00 and a pound back for luck a man that knows his game .