Thread: Calling Roebucks

Calling Roebucks

Got one tonight with the buttolo he came a long way to the call. Has anyone had one this early on, normally don't get them coming till around the 17th but I think this weather is helping a lot is was perfect tonight for it.

Andy
    Hunting isn't just something I do it's part of who I am

well done Sir :-)

there's not hard an fast rules, don't listen to those who say it's too early, make your own rules, and challenge them daily :-)
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

well done andy . how did you get on with that scope pal . havent seen goerge or ross did you buy one

[QUOTE=toad;614349]well done andy . how did you get on with that scope pal . havent seen goerge or ross did you buy

Kenny I went and got it off Ross. I'm really happy with it pal thanks.

Atb

Andy
    Hunting isn't just something I do it's part of who I am

If everybody tells you you can only call-in bucks from mid-July (hmm, the 17th. ? to mid-August, than it is reasonable to assume that most stalkers will only try it during that period.
    However, I tried calling in a roe-buck on a very cold frosty and windy evening in April, earlier this year, and managed to get it from 200 Yards+ to within 20 yards and 'talking' to me. Again, I have succeeded calling in bucks in May, and in June, and earlier this month...
    So never, ever believe the experts...by all means take their advise but continue to challenge what you are told.
    Some people have advised me you 'spoil' the rut by using a call outside the rutting period, or somehow upset their natural behavior.
    Well, I haven't seen any evidence of that yet, not on my ground anyway.

I seem to have no trouble calling does but struggle to bring the boys in!
    Last edited by Kiwikeeper; 12-07-2013 at 17:53.