Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I may not be able to post for a while :-(

I may not be able to post for a while :-(

A quick apology and explanation as to why I may not be posting here for a while, the simple reason is that my wife will have killed me!

I set off tonight at about 22:45 armed with my trusty .243, my bestfoxcall, and a bottle of what can only be described as the best fox stink on the plannet. 6 month fermented boiled up hoof trimmings, rich, black and so overpoweringly obnoxious that it makes me gag.

​To cut a long story short, we have had what can only be called a spillage situation in the front of our 3 month old Landrover Discovery 4. Without doubt, in the morning, she will kill me. :-(

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Feeble excuse, tell her it's your mistress's perfume.

​She will either think you have lost your sense of smell or taste.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

If its as good as the stuff I made last year, and it sounds like the same recipe / ingredients good luck getting rid of the smell, especially if its gone on carpet or upholstery
    I'd have probably torched the car and reported it stolen (joking of course)
    Wingy

Just. Tell her it's her cooking has give you bad case of wind

SD Regular
    If thats the only fault with the Disco then you've got off lightly....
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    That's what insurance is for.
    Would love to see the guys faces at the landrover shop.
    I'd assume they can fix it, if they can get near it.
    Some new grunt is gonna get to cut his teeth on that one, and find out quickly he wasn't cut out for the spanners
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I have never heard of this, please share the recipe. What sort of hoof is best? (deer sheep, cattle) will horse hoof work?... My mate is a farrier so I can get endless supplies of hoof trimmings.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I have never heard of this, please share the recipe. What sort of hoof is best? (deer sheep, cattle) will horse hoof work?... My mate is a farrier so I can get endless supplies of hoof trimmings.
    Horse Hoof is best and the recepe is very simple, NB all cooking should be done outside :-)

Cut the hoof trimmings into inch long strips then simply boil them on a roling boil for about half an hour. The liquid will still be pretty colourless and will not smell too bad. Poor the liquid into a big sealable jar and leave in the sun for a month (or more) The liquid will turn very black and will really start to stink. The smell can not be exaggerated it is truly aweful and will cling to whatever it comes into contact with. You can dilute for use several times. Foxes (and Badgers) go mad for it.

​Rubber mats are out of the car and the carpets have been shampooed, when dry Fabreze will be attempted, lets see if their advertising is true .........

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

sell it!
    only way to get rid of smells in cars.

once had a carton of milk swell up and burst under a seat in an old datsun.
    ​scrapped it!