Thread: 30-06 110g v-max

30-06 110g v-max

As above anyone else using these in 30-06 or have used them?

Just want to know what your thoughts and results where?

(and to get my posts up)

i use them in my 308 either home loaded or in the hornady tap loading and they are awesome as a varmint round (as long as you don't want to eat what you shoot!) i get 3000fps out of my 20" gun and they group 1moa high at 100m with no windage needed.

i'd say you'll get a bit more oomph out of your 30-06 depending on barrel length?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I used these in my .30-'06 last season for park culling fallow as other staff were using my estate rifle. It was very simple to work up a very accurate load and the results were more than adequate. Most deer were head shot but a few were cleanly chest shot and the damage was not unacceptable. I shot a few muntjac and a couple of roe with this load too.

Personally, I am a believer in using a rifle/load/bullet combo that give the optimum performance and in the '06 this is 165 grn in my opinion. If I want to shoot a faster, lighter bullet I would use a different calibre normally.

Having said this, it is the fact that you can use a 110 v-max for a rabbit or a 180 Nosler partition for a Eland that makes the '06 probably the most versatile calibre in the world.

Buy a box and have a go.

I also use the 165g which produces one hole groups at 100yards as for the 110g v-max well I use them for long range rabbits & fox. I have some land which has hundreds of rabbits in a large valley and 4 times a year we have a big get together and set up at one end and put a dent in the rabbit population at the other and I found the 110g v-max amazzzzinnng for this long range shooting as for the rabbits well a good friend hit five rabbits at 482yards one after another with a 7mm ultra and we'll say no more it was time for the fire and stew ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.c View Post
    I also use the 165g which produces one hole groups at 100yards as for the 110g v-max well I use them for long range rabbits & fox. I have some land which has hundreds of rabbits in a large valley and 4 times a year we have a big get together and set up at one end and put a dent in the rabbit population at the other and I found the 110g v-max amazzzzinnng for this long range shooting as for the rabbits well a good friend hit five rabbits at 482yards one after another with a 7mm ultra and we'll say no more it was time for the fire and stew ;-)
    Ideal, I am very lucky with my '06, at 100m the 110grn and the 165grn loads shoot to the same point of aim.

I used them in my former tikka 695 and they were awesome, 1 inch groups at 300yds, I chronagraphed mine on max load with varget and they were doing 3440fps, kinell they hit hard, turned a few foxes into a windsocks