Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: disgusting display of safty

disgusting display of safty

sorry if this has been brought up already but ive not had the internet for a couple of weeks and was having a look back through a couple of youtube programes i watch when i came across the single most disgusting display of safty i have ever seen, im not one for jumping on the "that wasnt a safe shot" band wagon but the shot the shooting show took on the cwd takes the biscuit.

if you watch from about 6:30 you will get the gist

Not sure we can really comment from the video angle. Looks like ground may be rising behind the shot. And not sure if he's shooting from higher vantage point.

Climbing a high seat with your bino's swinging about for the all important publicity shot is much safer than tucking them in your jacket.

Painfull to watch as always
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

The filming looks like it was done on a kids toy camera.

There is a lot of "product placement" on those videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    There is a lot of "product placement" on those videos.
    That's how they pay for the production of these free to view web tv shows I'm afraid. It's the same with fieldsportschannel.tv , but the biggest laugh is reading a "wot I stalked" advertorial in Sporting Rifle! "As it was cold/hot/sunny/slightly damp/whatever, I as wearing my new stalking outfit from xxx. The boots from xxx were lovely and warm/light/dry/whatever. I raised my xxx rangefinding binos, and saw the deer at 196 yards. Settling my xxx rifle in xxx calibre on the bipod/sticks by xxx, I looked through the xxx scope in x-xxXxx making sure that the overly complicated and obviously illuminated reticule was on target and pulled the trigger, sending a xxxgr round from xxx manufacturer out at x,xxxfps. Gralloching was a doddle using xxx knife and xxx gambrel then carried it back to the vehicle in my xxx roesack..."
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

The guy was shooting off sticks at a deer that was in a hollow with rising ground behind. Nothing wrong with it. The only thing I wasnt that happy with is the road behind the deer. If there had been a richochet, the bullet may have headed towards the road. Of course, it could have also richocheted in any other direction. You cannot stop the laws of nature.

He at least waited for a gap in the traffic ! Lol
    Last edited by norma 308; 10-07-2013 at 06:05. Reason: Forgot the lol

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    sorry if this has been brought up already but ive not had the internet for a couple of weeks and was having a look back through a couple of youtube programes i watch when i came across the single most disgusting display of safty i have ever seen, im not one for jumping on the "that wasnt a safe shot" band wagon but the shot the shooting show took on the cwd takes the biscuit.

if you watch from about 6:30 you will get the gist

I have a friend who shoots between a Primary School and a Tesco supermarket. It's the only option. Thundering great backstop.....

He just has to wait until the children are in class and no one's walking in the Tesco carpark.

Not rocket science. It's the sound that's the issue. Still safe.

​Stan

Just because the deer may be in a slight depression in the ground does not really constitute a safe backstop ( At least not in my book) . Bullets don't always just stay in the ground even when shooting from an elevated position such as a high seat.