223 barrel length

stevenb

right lads been thinking about cuting down the length off my 223 ruger mk11 m77 rifle . i only use this rifle with nv and use t for foxing so i was wondering whats the best length off barrle to have it,s 21
" the now so looking for a little help were should i cut it down to
atb steven

right lads been thinking about cuting down the length off my 223 ruger mk11 m77 rifle . i only use this rifle with nv and use t for foxing so i was wondering whats the best length off barrle to have it,s 21
" the now so looking for a little help were should i cut it down to
atb steven

I don't know if there is a "best" barrel length. Twenty one inches is pretty short now. What do you want? If you want it lighter, a few inches of barrel won't matter much. If you want it more portable, that's another matter. We don't hunt at night here: how is muzzle flash with NV gear? And might that not increase as the barrel is shortened? ~Muir

I don't know if there is a "best" barrel length. Twenty one inches is pretty short now. What do you want? If you want it lighter, a few inches of barrel won't matter much. If you want it more portable, that's another matter. We don't hunt at night here: how is muzzle flash with NV gear? And might that not increase as the barrel is shortened? ~Muir

i don,t need the rifle to be shorter it,s a ruger at the end off the day and we all know there not the lightest off guns . i realy want to make it more piontable and portable . the muzzle flash ain,t to bad and doesn,t realy affect the nv . so none off u lot use nv and shoot fox,s at night .god u don,t know what your missing budy

i don,t need the rifle to be shorter it,s a ruger at the end off the day and we all know there not the lightest off guns . i realy want to make it more piontable and portable . the muzzle flash ain,t to bad and doesn,t realy affect the nv . so none off u lot use nv and shoot fox,s at night .god u don,t know what your missing budy

I hunt fox with a .32 caliber muzzle loading rifle. You don't know what you are missing! :lol:

How much are you willing to cut off? I have a 14" .222 handgun and it's a real barker.~Muir

The Tikka 590 i had In 222 was shortened to 18" and with an over barrel moderator DM80 It was just right for me...The 590 Is a heavy rifle, but It was all In balance...Only used a lamp, never NV though

cheers lads . i was thinking about 18" would be a good length i,m still wondering if i,ll do it just thinking out loud realy

I had a cz527 in .223 cut to about 18" for foxing at night. Worked well for me. Velocity dropped to around 2950-3100fps (depending on powder) with a 50gr vmax, but I don't shoot past 250m at night so it wasn't a problem.

Back