Open certificate application

OK, how many of us have had a new calibre added to ticket, (an open ticket) & had the more restrictive conditions attached to your latest aquisition?.....................:doh:

I have just had to have a condition that obliged me to make a 900 mile round trip to zero two new calibres removed. However, the calibres are still restricted to a piece of named land for shooting deer. More discussions required. I can zero on any land I have permission on. All other calibres held are "open". Since moving to this area thirteen years ago, I have never had a variation or renewal returned to me that I did not have to go back regarding some error or unreasonable condition. I got my first certificate forty two years ago. I put the application in, (I was in the military at the time), two weeks later, on a Sunday morning, the local bobby arrived in the barracks and asked me for five shillings. When I gave him the five bob, he handed me my ticket. in 1973, I had a space for a .22 rimfire. A friend offered me his .22 Hornet. I took my ticket to the main police station, was invited in to the licencing department as it was then, my ticket was altered on the spot. Whilst there, I noticed that an application was lying on the desk. It belonged to my old PTI Sergeant. I was allowed to note his address and so met up again with an old friend. Can't see any of the above happening now!!

I have just had to have a condition that obliged me to make a 900 mile round trip to zero two new calibres removed. However, the calibres are still restricted to a piece of named land for shooting deer. More discussions required. I can zero on any land I have permission on. All other calibres held are "open".

Whereabouts in the country is the asylum/licensing department that these lunatics inhabit?

OK, how many of us have had a new calibre added to ticket, (an open ticket) & had the more restrictive conditions attached to your latest aquisition?.....................:doh:

Never for mine, apart from the .375H&H which they wouldn't allow for UK use at all! Mind you I did start off with a 6.5x55 which I guess is classed as a big rifle? I managed to get my .338 Win Mag open from the start and never really gave it thought that it could have been restricted?

When I first started I thought my lot were hopeless as it took them ages (nearly a year) to process my FAC application. Since then though I've dealt with them a lot and they are a pretty reasonable and decent bunch. I'd say a lot better than average anyway!

Back