Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stalking on ebay

stalking on ebay

whats your thoughts on the stalking offered for sale on ebay

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I can only comment on Jelen Deer Services. They used to advertise only on EBAY, I contacted them via EBAY 2 years ago. Mike Atkins was extremely helpful and did a good job. I don't know if they still advertise on there.

Now, I'd only go with a recommendation, but Jelen would get my vote, and I'd go again, if I was down that way and wanted a Stalk.

TJ

The quality and calibre of vendors on ebay thse days has improved drastically from the early days... That said, there are still people out there just wanting to make a quick buck (no pun intended)...

You can get good people that advertise on ebay, and you can get ****ty ones that have professional websites.

As always - 'buyer beware'... Get references and recommendations.

I know nothing about these particular advertisers - I had a quick look at their ebay advert and also at their main website, whch looks very professional. They appear to have all the right backing and accreditations.

Is your query more about the ethics of advertising on ebay, or are you considering taking stalking with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa
    The quality and calibre of vendors on ebay thse days has improved drastically from the early days... That said, there are still people out there just wanting to make a quick buck (no pun intended)...

You can get good people that advertise on ebay, and you can get ****ty ones that have professional websites.

As always - 'buyer beware'... Get references and recommendations.

I know nothing about these particular advertisers - I had a quick look at their ebay advert and also at their main website, whch looks very professional. They appear to have all the right backing and accreditations.

Is your query more about the ethics of advertising on ebay, or are you considering taking stalking with them?
    no i was just interested what the other members thought

Earlier in the year I bought a couple of stalks with Jelen. A very sensible outfit & I really enjoyed myself. As they say on eBay, at least when it comes to that outfit, you can "buy with confidence"

Hi all
    Just won another stalk with Jelen on e-bay going in November, 120 for two stalks and 2 cull beasts the best outfit ive been with, not been lucky every time ive gone but i have seen deer every time not like some places i've paid to stalk
    Great bunch of guys would recommend every time

I love Ebay

Fran despares each time I start watching something

Had some great deals and done some great deals, ended up on some weird mad roadtrips from Ebay .. but thats another story

The best thing is look at the feedback ..if they are idiots someone will ussually say straight out to avoid them.

I won an Ebay auction with Jelen last year: my first introduction to stalking and I had a good time.

I subsequently arranged more stalking with Jelen in November (not via Ebay), after I'd done my DSC1. I got hold of Hampshire constabulary to get my FAC changed to add stalking and basically I also had to have supervision: this needed a letter from Jelen, more specifically from Mike Allison... This unfortunately took forever and in the end, I only got the letter after I'd been out stalking in November, so I wasn't able to use my Howa I'd bought.

After that stalk, I arranged more stalking in February, agreed it with the chap who was going to take me out, closer to the time, the arrangement was completely forgotten and I was offered another weekend, which was OK with me. Then on the day, I rang and he'd clearly forgotten, but was out on some deer park cull, in the event he rang round his stalkers and got something arranged. When I actually spoke to the stalker I was supposed to go out with when I'd arranged back in November, his response was along the lines of "I thought we were supposed to go out last weekend?"

Basically, I've no problem with the actual stalking, but be warned, organisation skills are not one of Mike's strong points and I would highly recommend speaking directly to one of the stalkers working for him who are totally switched on.

Having spoken to my FEO, I've heard that others (who had Jelen down as supervisor) have had similar experiences. Another stalker I know got messed around and he was less tolerant than I am... At least if you arrange your stalking via EBay, at least you can have the threat of negative feedback!

Mat
    i think i remember that post
    and if memory serves you had a little stick from it
    a gut shot fox i think when you had paid for deer stalking
    now i can put 2+2 together and actually make 4
    at the time you were in defensive of Jelen, now you are not so
    and i don't blame you
    if i recall your stalker who took you out was a member of here , who only 12 months previously posted how he was an inexpericed stalker who knew very little about the game with no stalking of his own
    then lone behold now became an expert and taking out guest's for Jelen
    hopefully from this you may now realise that those that answered your post were actually right and were trying to give you some good advice even if it did not come across that way at the time
    like you say Jelen admin has know commitment so deal with their stalkers instead
    to me that sounds wrong if the stalkers they employ are not upto the job in the first place anyway as you were there to stalk deer not shoot foxes as a back up plan
    you had a lucky break from what you had posted and hopefully not wasted any more money with them

Muntjac stalking on eBay

Has anyone tried the Monty stalking advertised near Heathrow area? Looks useful but always like to hear experiences first.

PJ