Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest advice required

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Honest advice required

This is loosely related to stalking.

Today I successfully sold my business. It was not not a Kings ransom but enough for about a year of doing nothing without any worry.
    So what should I do?

I have an offer to go and be trained as a commercial poultry unit farmer. Good money and okay career prospects. But my wife works away from home 3days per week and I therefore have to look after my kids. This is not employment friendly, so my wife and I are looking at hiring an au-pair. I could then throw my self into the chicken job and get a new career but the kids (5 yrs and 9 yrs) will see their parents less but we will have plenty of money and maybe able to send them to private education (as the eldest has ADHD)

Alternatively I could do commercial stalking. I have taken clients before although I have pretty much stopped as the politics were getting too much. I will have enough time to search out new grounds and can expand them with the funds available.

I really am not honking my own horn and genuinely would like some cold hearted advice particularly from pro full time self-employed stalkers. When I worked as a stalker I had another job at the same time so have never done it as a sole full time occupation.

Basically do I throw my dream and possibly only opportunity of being a full-time deer manager away in favour of a better life and education (possibly) for my kids?

Really stuck on this one
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I've just finished as a full-time teacher to go pro and also focus on the training sides of stalking, very scary time. In honesty if you're brave enough to give it a go and work hard you deserve to make it mate, best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    I've just finished as a full-time teacher to go pro and also focus on the training sides of stalking, very scary time. In honesty if you're brave enough to give it a go and work hard you deserve to make it mate, best of luck!
    I agree if you're brave enough to give it a go and work hard you deserve to make it mate, GD luck

Sponsored by

Get yourself signed on and give the kids more than you ever could working full time....

I agree with Paul, and your only here once so having a crack at the dream has got to be worth a shot.

Go for it mate
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Look for a good Scandinavian au pair
    ​atb Steve

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Look for a good Scandinavian au pair
    ​atb Steve
    I said throw myself into the chickens not the au-pair
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I would forget about anything for 6 months except to go to a few of those destinations that are on the wish list that would make for great hunting.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Sorry matey but I say you owe it to your kids to give them the best start you can.

It took me years and a bit of unexpected cash to help me decide to go self-employed , i havent looked back since
    wish i had done it a lot sooner , saying that im lucky i have a lot of good stalking most of it fairly local

Teyhan

I broke up with my wife a but under ten years ago, I had trained as a keeper and stalker, up until she got pregnant that was my career - the needs of a young family led me to another better paid job, where I worked huge amounts of overtime and lost out on a lot of our family life to allow her to stay at home and bring up the kids in the best environment we possibly could with a secure job, good prospects etc.

when we broke up my kids were aged 6 and 3 - frankly it destroyed me, she moved away to live with new love - for the next five years I worked my balls off, weekends etc to pay the CSA and pay to travel and see the kids, every single day of leave was used in spending quality time with my kids.

in 07, a career opportunity opened up to move closer to them, I snapped it up, it was a good career move too... lasted 6 months, last in first out!
    After this, I re-evaluated my life, moved into a houseshare (not easy for a mid thirties bloke) and got a job in something completely different (huge pay cut) in my other passion, bicycles - worked for a very prestigious bike company for the past five years, loved every minute, I got back into stalking somewhere along the road, and was close enough to see the kids regularly.

a year or two ago my eldest daughter (13 then) started to self harm, this led down a very stressful road for her mum, and for my youngest daughter - eldest has now been diagnosed with Aspergers, my youngest started displaying similar symptoms, very aggressive & meltdowns - we decided the only option open to us was to separate them, and for her to come and live with me

last year, we put this into place, I was given a council flat (great location next door to a lovely country park, bonus!) she came to live with me, and I'll be honest, its been bloody hard looking after a disabled child on my own, a real struggle - my employer started being a complete and utter **** over time off for medical appointments etc - in march of this year my boss tried to discipline me for a minor issue, I went the whole hog and walked, threatening to sue for discrimination, we settled for a significant lump sum.

I've now gone on to benefits as her full time carer - surprisingly I'm not much worse off financially, and we've seen real improvement in both her and her sisters conditions - realistically I'll be in this position for the next four years, and I've decided to use this time to get my stalking experience back up to speed and look at my future career - I've approached some known local stalkers to offer a hand with nothing expected in return, other than the chance to relearn what I knew 20 years ago. so far no luck but one is keeping me in mind for doe season to help with carcasses etc. (I'm open to offers!)

Why am I giving you the whole spiel?

Because through this whole thing theres one thing I've learned - your kids are only young once, treasure every day with them, forget work and careers and sensible, if you can spend time with your kids and take the time to follow some of your own dreams, then material possessions and money and au pairs mean **** all - and your kids will get far, far more from having their parents there spending time with them than they will from a private education, posh house or nice car.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Labrat; 10-07-2013 at 20:59.