Thread: Tbolt

Tbolt

Hello all
    I know this may have been asked numerous times but here it goes. I was thinking of getting a tbolt in 17hmr. What I'd like to know is has anyone perhaps had one or know of anyone that has used them. If so how did you find it to cycle rounds. Did ye find the bolt getting caught easily. All advice I'd welcomed

ive got the t-bolt but in .22. it cycles perfectly and shoots quite well but I detest the trigger and if you have the synthetic one it has a pretty flimsy stock even if it does have the bonus of being able to store a secondary magazine in the back. I honestly think they are overpriced for what they but its alright and does a job.

My mate bought one of these recently and brought it up to my place to zero, my personal opinion of this particular rifle (17 HMR) was that it had a terrible trigger, very heavy and no feel at all. the trigger is in a plastic housing and nobody seems to do any tuning parts for them. This gun was also finicky about the ammo used I cant remember which but one would only cycle if the mag was pressed up at the same time. The bolt did seem to stick out a bit and I found it annoying. I could not get a better group than about an inch and a half and my mates were double that, all in all the rifle felt cheap. He sold it after a month and bought a CZ Which I really like and it cost a hundred quid less. If I was you I would try one before committing to buy.

I agree entirely with Ziggy, I have the plastic stock version in 22, I have the choice of getting an other heavier/firmer stock or changing the whole rifle which is probably going to be the case as I hate the trigger. In the case that there was a trigger mod then I would keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    ive got the t-bolt but in .22. it cycles perfectly and shoots quite well but I detest the trigger and if you have the synthetic one it has a pretty flimsy stock even if it does have the bonus of being able to store a secondary magazine in the back. I honestly think they are overpriced for what they but its alright and does a job.

I agree with the posts above, its a good rifle quick cycling good size mag capacity etc. The down side is the crappy trigger... I've got the synthetic stock which is usable and robust but isnt nice. The final thing is the barrel length you can now get a shorter barrel version I didnt and its not handy for using on the quad or out of a vehicle. I think i'll probably swap mine out when funds permit...

ive actually dropped mine with a riflesmith to sort the trigger but it takes him a fair amount of time to get work done as he is an incredibly busy gent. once I have it back I can let you know how it goes but anything has to be better than it was. if I was to go back in time I would listen to everyone else and buy a cz or annie etc but saying that at 460 you might as well hold out for a finnfire.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    ive actually dropped mine with a riflesmith to sort the trigger but it takes him a fair amount of time to get work done as he is an incredibly busy gent. once I have it back I can let you know how it goes but anything has to be better than it was. if I was to go back in time I would listen to everyone else and buy a cz or annie etc but saying that at 460 you might as well hold out for a finnfire.

Yeh fair play ziggy, I agree if i had my time again I would have gone annie! I was told by two gun shops "do you really want a t bolt" told them that I knew what I wanted and here I am.... I think there's a rig on here for sale - nice bit of kit!

Well I too had a tbolt in HMR. Mine was accurate, lighter than anything else and I liked the storage on the butt for the second mag.
    bad points.
    Crap trigger. It was about 4 or 5 lbs. I hated it and it is not really adjustable. Made for the American market to stop numpties suing, unlike the Annie I now have. And made me miss longer shots
    The Bolt, works well and cycles very fast. BUT, as far as I am concerned the engineer who designed it should have been given a severe kicking. With the safety on and a bullet up the spout you can catch the bolt and eject a bullet. when walking round the fields with all the kit it used to catch on my belt frequently and open. Drove me mad. When I pointed it out to the t@@@ on the browning stall his answer was "user error".
    I had a synthetic and if the above were addressed then I think it would be a cracking rifle and would have one again.......if they did it in left hand, which apparently they don't over here, and if it was made by someone other than browning as I thought the attitude was crap. But like the murphys, I'm not bitter.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .