Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brush the problems under the carpet....

brush the problems under the carpet....

Once again we have gone from self criticism to cannibalism, is there really the need to point out to the entire world what you perceive as shortcomings in a video clip. I realise your frustration, here is a stalk shown to the whole world that some may see as dangerous, this in itself will stimulate debate, the only difficulty is the debate although being conducted by stalkers is freely available for anyone to cherry pick comments which will do nothing but fuel the cause of opponents. I do not know what the answer is, complain to the show makers or maybe the sponsors to try and elicit a response.

It is very difficult because the discord that this video has caused really only shows that we as stalkers takes safety seriously and highlight what some consider as unsuitable shots, however by doing this it could be construed that we are not being responsible but merely proving what the antis have known for a long time, all guns and shooting should be banned on the grounds danger to all, we can't win. So with that in mind I am going to close this thread I think it has run long enough

close the thread - quick...brush the problems under the carpet....pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by OKNic View Post
    Once again we have gone from self criticism to cannibalism, is there really the need to point out to the entire world what you perceive as shortcomings in a video clip. I realise your frustration, here is a stalk shown to the whole world that some may see as dangerous, this in itself will stimulate debate, the only difficulty is the debate although being conducted by stalkers is freely available for anyone to cherry pick comments which will do nothing but fuel the cause of opponents. I do not know what the answer is, complain to the show makers or maybe the sponsors to try and elicit a response.

It is very difficult because the discord that this video has caused really only shows that we as stalkers takes safety seriously and highlight what some consider as unsuitable shots, however by doing this it could be construed that we are not being responsible but merely proving what the antis have known for a long time, all guns and shooting should be banned on the grounds danger to all, we can't win. So with that in mind I am going to close this thread I think it has run long enough

Mate, what are you trying to stir up with this thread?

troll alert to Amber I think

Admin try and run this site impartially, to a greater extent we do succeed in my opinion. This is obviously different from yours. But then opinions are like a.............. everyone has one.

There is no problem as far as I am concerned, except your attitude
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I closed the thread after it had run a good while and people had been given an opportunity to say their piece, it was not done quickly in any sort of attempt to brush a problem under the carpet it was done in order to prevent it deteriorating into a complete slanging match and becoming a problem thread. For you this apparently is not good enough, pathetic in fact.

We have in the past have had people on here who seem to delight in posting in order to do nothing more than cause trouble for some strange reason they derived some sort of sick satisfaction from it. These people did nothing but cause genuine stalkers not to post for fear of being shouted down and bullied by them, we have been steadily culling these people off the site and I/we believe that recently things have improved however every now and again one of these nuisances appear and has to be dealt with. Now you have got me thinking are you one of theses nuisances, should you be brushed under the carpet, because I don't mind.

The choice is yours.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

As a former professional photographer I am amazed at how people take pictures and video as gospel. Depending on the position of the camera and the angle of view of the lens used the view on the video may be nothing like the view over the sights! People should keep this in mind when they look at the pictures. Unless you have a proper plan showing the position and height of the camera you can read very little into any of these things.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    As a former professional photographer I am amazed at how people take pictures and video as gospel. Depending on the position of the camera and the angle of view of the lens used the view on the video may be nothing like the view over the sights! People should keep this in mind when they look at the pictures. Unless you have a proper plan showing the position and height of the camera you can read very little into any of these things.

David.
    +1. Ever turned up to view a house and find that all the rooms and the garden are CONSIDERABLY smaller than they appear in the photos???
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I saw the clip the TC is talking about and if you had paid attention all the shots and angle of people on gun were staged for the benefit of the show, when they actually set up for the shot on the deer its quite clear the shooter moves into an elevated position, and as has been said already there was a lot of pointless back and forth and very little discussion of facts by the end of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    I closed the thread after it had run a good while and people had been given an opportunity to say their piece, it was not done quickly in any sort of attempt to brush a problem under the carpet it was done in order to prevent it deteriorating into a complete slanging match and becoming a problem thread. For you this apparently is not good enough, pathetic in fact.

We have in the past have had people on here who seem to delight in posting in order to do nothing more than cause trouble for some strange reason they derived some sort of sick satisfaction from it. These people did nothing but cause genuine stalkers not to post for fear of being shouted down and bullied by them, we have been steadily culling these people off the site and I/we believe that recently things have improved however every now and again one of these nuisances appear and has to be dealt with. Now you have got me thinking are you one of theses nuisances, should you be brushed under the carpet, because I don't mind.

The choice is yours.

John

I thought you had closed this thread!!!.........you have to admire there persistence and innovation!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    you have to admire there persistence and innovation!!!!
    Innovation?

The copy/paste Closed Thread resurrection, the preserve of trolls since the dawn of the internet