Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warranties !!

Warranties !!

Earlier this year I bought a truck from Mitsubishi Motors Cupar Fife, eventually they delivered it to Inverness to compensate me for the delay in getting it "road ready".
    It broke down twice on the way north, after two garages and a week later it was back on the road, with an oil leak and the radio did not work, I could live with these little faults. Then the temperature gauge failed, took it back to the garage recommended by Mitsubishi Cupar, was told that after contacting the warranty company, Momentum Warranties Friarton Road Perth that I would have to pay for this myself and claim back from them. Fed up by this time and what could I do so I payed it.
    After sending the receipt to Momentum and hearing nothing for weeks I sent another letter with a CC to Mitusbish, they replied "We were contacted by the repairer to inform us that there might be a problem with the temperature gauge" but they continue to say that they never gave permission to repair the truck and are unable to assist financially !!!!!!!!
    Warranties are not worth a sh_te, just as well to buy privately .
    Nearly forgot to add that the mileage on the truck was less than on the MOT !!!
    Last edited by K333ROE; 11-07-2013 at 13:24.

Quote Originally Posted by K333ROE View Post
    Earlier this year I bought a truck from Mitsubishi Motors Cupar Fife, eventually they delivered it to Inverness to compensate me for the delay in getting it "road ready".
    It broke down twice on the way north, after two garages and a week later it was back on the road, with an oil leak and the radio did not work, I could live with these little faults. Then the temperature gauge failed, took it back to the garage recommended by Mitsubishi Cupar, was told that after contacting the warranty company, Momentum Warranties Friarton Road Perth that I would have to pay for this myself and claim back from them. Fed up by this time and what could I do so I payed it.
    After sending the receipt to Momentum and hearing nothing for weeks I sent another letter with a CC to Mitusbish, they replied "We were contacted by the repairer to inform us that there might be a problem with the temperature gauge" but they continue to say that they never gave permission to repair the truck and are unable to assist financially !!!!!!!!
    ​Perhaps it's time to consider if the truck is fit for purpose?

Nearly forgot to add that the mileage on the truck was less than on the MOT !!!
    you have them by the short an curlies if the miles have been tamperd with

I would contact the number on the MOT for complaints and advise them that the incorrect miles were on the MOT & as such you question the validity of the mot they are very hot on this at the moment and will probably invite you to bring it in for inspection. Inform he garbage and tell hem you are also going to issue proceedings in he small claims court and see what heir response is then I bet it changes, if you get he option get your money bak and buy something from somewhere reputable.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Earlier this year I bought a truck from Mitsubishi Motors Cupar Fife, eventually they delivered it to Inverness to compensate me for the delay in getting it "road ready". It broke down twice on the way north, after two garages and a week later it was back on the road, with an oil leak and the radio did not work, I could live with these little faults. Then the temperature gauge failed, took it back to the garage recommended by Mitsubishi Cupar, was told that after contacting the warranty company, Momentum Warranties Friarton Road Perth that I would have to pay for this myself and claim back from them. Fed up by this time and what could I do so I payed it. After sending the receipt to Momentum and hearing nothing for weeks I sent another letter with a CC to Mitusbish, they replied "We were contacted by the repairer to inform us that there might be a problem with the temperature gauge" but they continue to say that they never gave permission to repair the truck and are unable to assist financially !!!!!!!! Warranties are not worth a sh_te, just as well to buy privately . Nearly forgot to add that the mileage on the truck was less than on the MOT !!!

you have them over a barrel now, make sure the mileage doesn't go over that and write to the dealer saying you are rejecting the vehicle as it clearly isn't fit for purpose. Mention the issues you have had so far and then drop in the mileage discrepancy which you are going to trading standards with. odds are they will collect the vehicle pretty sharpish

Regarding the mileage, a friend of mine dropped into see the service manager and brought the mileage to his attention, he said the MOT mechanic must have made a mistake !!!!!

How did you pay?

​Any credit card involvement?

Regarding the mileage, a friend of mine dropped into see the service manager and brought the mileage to his attention, he said the MOT mechanic must have made a mistake !!!!!
    if the car was serviced by a main dealer the mileage is on the the makers service records . they can tell you the mileage at each service ( when and where it was worked on ) dont hand over the car till you have it verified by dvla ect good luck mate

Sale of Goods Act!

Contact CAB or a solicitor.

The shop may say you have to claim a refund from the manufacturer, or claim under the manufacturer's guarantee. This isn't true. Shoppers' rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) are against the retailer, not the manufacturer. Guarantees simply give additional rights which shoppers can choose to use.
    Sometimes it's easier to use the guarantee, but you should make it clear to the shop that you're reserving your rights under the Sale of Goods Act if you aren't happy. Irrespective of how long the goods actually last, you have up to six years to claim compensation from a retailer for a faulty product, far longer than you have under most guarantees. Also, rights under guarantees are only as stated in any particular guarantee. For example, it may only be a right to repair and involve you paying the cost of the carriage, which means it isn't cost-effective.
    Last edited by Morgy; 11-07-2013 at 18:17.

Burn it.... Little Bo-peep did it for the insurance.