Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where can i get ???

where can i get ???

hi all,
    anybody know where I can get a wildcat predator compact .308 with 1/2" unf thread , will need to be proofed as local rfds wont pass them on with out it . seems anywhere but cornwall its not a problem. there are a few for sale that are unproofed but stuck with rfd and what he says goes if I want it posted to him.
    thanks
    wcm

Why dont you contact the makers directly? This issue re proofed moodies is beyond me. I have two Wildcats, both are proofed on the sleeve, but as all the components are interchangable its a pointless exercise. You could buy a replacement sleeve and it wouldn't be proofed at all!!
    My .22 P/H is not proofed.

Why not buy an unproofed one?

as per cyres go get one from outside of cornwell if the cornish rfd's are being cocks there loss!! no law on haveing to proof mods just away of chargeing more

I hear what your both saying, and its a pain in the ar$e seems its all a pile **** . the more rfds I talk to the more I get spun out. how about this , if you got .308 mod on your fac you cant buy anything else ,fair play understand that,
    but lets say you order a .308 and they send a .30cal coz they don't do a full range to suit all calibres "that's fine !!" and then when I changed my rifle I was told " we can drill out your .223 mod to suit that new .243 rifle if you buy it and that will save you a few quid"

but I just want a moderator this time and they is doing me head in. will go outside cornwall if I have to, just to take custom elsewhere rather than get shafted !!!

jay if your problem is flip rather than noise have you considered a decent muzzle brake then you can tell the mole to stuff his proofed dustbin up his arse

do it feller and tell the rfd thats what you did when he say's did you buy a mod!!

I think mole has got some kind of muzzle brake fitted to himself and to his phone !! ,he take so bloody long to sort anything out I get bored waiting, he must have an excuse book as big as the bible .. time to go on a drive and get a new moderator sorted before the reds come back in season

hg4 mod has a muzzle brake as part of the mod , mod is verylight and it works well

Quote Originally Posted by weecornishman View Post
    I think mole has got some kind of muzzle brake fitted to himself and to his phone !! ,he take so bloody long to sort anything out I get bored waiting, he must have an excuse book as big as the bible .. time to go on a drive and get a new moderator sorted before the reds come back in season
    aye bud I had similar issue with mole 2 years back told him to his face its a money making scam and at the end of the day its just a metal tube so is a scaffold pole I ended up going cross the border into tavi and got one up the gunroom .......pity mine wont fit ur 308 you could of had that I would be quite happy with the brake if I was you I would travel for one what u spend in diesel you would save in stresss if you went via the mole or the other goon out at helston

I have 4 mods, 3 centerfire and a 22RF, two are Predators and two DM804 from Dave Mercer, none of them are proofed.

I also have a set of compact tubes and a bridge with a different thread so I can put one of the Predators on another rifle, much cheaper than buying another mod!.

You can get all the various Predator components direct from the makers, Moderators : UK Custom Shop Ltd, Incorporating WildCat Custom Rifles
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy