Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First FAC Application - Not Going Well

First FAC Application - Not Going Well

Download the form from the Met's website. No mention of where to post it to or whether it gets handed in at a Police station....

Check on website, no mention there either. Call the Firearms Enquiry Team (FET)..... phone rings and rings.....finally goes to answerphone where it says we are open 9-5..... please do not leave a message. Call back again and again, no answer. If you wait long enough it says "please do not leave a message" followed by "please leave a message...."

Email the FET asking where to post the form...no reply after two weeks......

Decide to post to the Firearms Enquiry Team (FET) as that is the only address shown.

Post form to referee for signature, referee says he has posted back to FET but may not have put on enough postage.....great.....what's the bet I have to start again...

Toxster,

I was previously with the Met and found them a dream to deal with.

Btw I went to the website and found the address in seconds under 'Contacts':

6th Floor
    Empress State Building
    Empress Approach
    London
    SW6 1TR

Regarding Referee's Forms I always hand to them with pre-addressed, stamped envelopes.
    If you can turn on the charm and get them to complete and seal the envelope then you can mail them in.

​Hope that helps

You want the Firearms Enquiry Team North for Ealing, Empress State Building, 6th Floor, Empress Approach, Fulham, London SW6 1TR. Make sure you send everything by recorded delivery. They state that they'll deal with it within eight weeks, so if it hasn't been that long yet, you'll have to wait a bit longer. Ah, and they won't do anything until they receive the forms from the countersignatories. Also, if you call them, only discuss admin matters with the admin staff. Only talk firearms with the actual FEO.

Phew, at least got the address right. The "North" bit I guess they will figure out. Recorded....ah, didn't do that..... Referee forms probably arrived a day or two before the main bit.

Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxster View Post
    Phew, at least got the address right. The "North" bit I guess they will figure out. Recorded....ah, didn't do that..... Referee forms probably arrived a day or two before the main bit.

Thanks for that.
    It doesn't need to be sent recorded delivery that is just Pine Marten playing safe. It would have been good manners for you to have paid the postage for the referee after all they are doing you a favour, it shouldn't have to cost them to do so. When I was the secretary of a rifle club I would receive several renewals a month to sign along with acting as the one referee. It was surprising the number of members who would hand me their applications and would expect me to have to pay the postage.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hey Colin

What call did you go for in the end? One week left in India then back to the Roe and Unties.

Cris

Quote Originally Posted by Toxster View Post
    If you wait long enough it says "please do not leave a message" followed by "please leave a message...."
    That is just typical

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Hey Colin

What call did you go for in the end? One week left in India then back to the Roe and Unties.

Cris
    I've put down for three .22s (One peep sighted match rifle, one other match rifle scoped for benchrest - prob. an old BSA - and one scoped rifle for LSR competitions and general plinking) and .308.

That's nearly two weeks. When is polite to call and check they received the form?