Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prostalking

prostalking

How many acres of ground would I need to become a full time stalker, would I need to have more than one species of deer.

I know a few pro stalkers who have only one species that they guide on.
    ​As for acres, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    How many acres of ground would I need to become a full time stalker, would I need to have more than one species of deer.
    i would say deer numbers would be more important than acres, as you need the deer to be able to shoot them !!!!

As well as taking clients out they would need to cull so many beasts to earn a living

well i had a dabble and i found that 5000 acres isnt enough to make a living from! pocket money yes pay the bills NO

i now have access to 3-4 times more than that and i recon its still not enough

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

100,000 acres of free ground

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I was thinking 50, 000
    Nice!
    Guess then it depends on the density of beasts on the land then.

Its all going to depend , if you have 100 acre's that every deer in miles is drawn too and passes regularly then you could be ok.
    If you have 100,000 and there isn't 1 deer on the whole thing, then your screwed

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    well i had a dabble and i found that 5000 acres isnt enough to make a living from! pocket money yes pay the bills NO

i now have access to 3-4 times more than that and i recon its still not enough
    I would echo what Lee said, I have 3000 acres of access with roe, fallow and red, but could do with more, but for various reasons I have jacked it in, be under no illusion it isn't an easy business to be in, you can ring me if you like for a chat.
    Cheers
    Richard