Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell of a time to be broke.

Hell of a time to be broke.

I am about shot out when it comes to my discretionary funds shooting budget. Wouldn't you know it?? An American supplier has Sierra 155 grain 30 cal Palma bullets for $250/1000, and 168 and 175 grain MK's for $270/1000. Both are "blems" with water bath discoloration, but that is purely cosmetic...

Rats!~Muir

, Andy, I have ceased to take my F.A.C. with me on my travels in the truck, too easy to route passing a lot of Gun shops / R.F.D.'s etc, The fastest way to go skint.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

168 Nosler custom match are a similar price in Luxemburg and can be easily posted to the UK.
    no blemishes ha ha..
    edi
    http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=4444238

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    168 Nosler custom match are a similar price in Luxemburg and can be easily posted to the UK.
    no blemishes ha ha..
    edi
    http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=4444238
    How do these shoot for you? I bought 1000 of the Nosler Competition Match 53 grain .224's for my .223 and they were a disappointment. Sierra's (and Speers) out shot them in a number of guns. Good price, though. These Sierras are usually $310 to $360/1000.~Muir

I use the Nosler CC 168g in my 308 Steyr with excellent results, 1/2MOA if I do my part, just a bit better than 168g A-Max or Lapua Scenars.

Edi, have you used that company for bullets?, I usually get stuff shiped to my friend in Florida and bring them back when we visit, I'm sure carriage from the EU would be cheaper than a 2 week trip to Florida
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    , Andy, I have ceased to take my F.A.C. with me on my travels in the truck, too easy to route passing a lot of Gun shops / R.F.D.'s etc, The fastest way to go skint.
    Normally i'm OK but next week I have presidents of the California and New Jersey chapters of the Soap Creek Prairiedog Association coming to shoot prairiedogs for a week. I have already purchased better than 2K 20 caliber bullets and a couple thou 22 cal bullets.... along with cases of Rem 7.5 BR primers and pounds of powder.... all in anticipation of their arrival. It's best not to be caught empty handed with such auspicious company arriving. (and I still need to go to the city to chase down some H322 today, too.) I am tapped out until next month. ~Muir

Addendum: Some time ago I got a note from the State saying that they were holding an undisclosed amount of unclaimed funds (a refund from an insurance company) for me. I filed for it and Lo! The check came a few minutes ago and I ordered the 155 grain Palmas.

It was Providence.
    I feel better now.
    Last edited by Muir; 13-07-2013 at 15:36.

As Micawber says - "something will turn up".
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    As Micawber says - "something will turn up".
    So it would seem!~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    How do these shoot for you? I bought 1000 of the Nosler Competition Match 53 grain .224's for my .223 and they were a disappointment. Sierra's (and Speers) out shot them in a number of guns. Good price, though. These Sierras are usually $310 to $360/1000.~Muir
    I guess you mean the 52gr Nosler, I was very happy with then 52gr in a 22-250 Howa and dropped crow to deer with them (grouped under 1/4" at times), best bullet ever in that rifle. My friend did not get such good results with them in a 223 and said they were 0.01mm smaller in diameter than Sierra which shot better. I had good results with 69gr N CC in 223's and 175's in a few 308's. Never tried any other weights. Tempted by the 155gr 30 cal though.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    I use the Nosler CC 168g in my 308 Steyr with excellent results, 1/2MOA if I do my part, just a bit better than 168g A-Max or Lapua Scenars.

Edi, have you used that company for bullets?, I usually get stuff shiped to my friend in Florida and bring them back when we visit, I'm sure carriage from the EU would be cheaper than a 2 week trip to Florida
    Only time I got something posted from them was when I won a prize that they sponsored. They are known to be reliable and I would not have a doubt as many Germans buy from them. Never heard anything bad. That company is also quite good for hard to get scopes etc. Check their website.
    edi