Thread: Lightforce Suction mount setup

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Lightforce Suction mount setup

Looking for the complete set up, new motor on it's way and I ain't putting a light through the roof.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I have seen the 3 part set up going for almost new price on many sites. I bought a metal NATO sunroof for my Defender and drilled a hole to accept the LF remote. The advantage of a central handle are many... No iced hands in the winter. Can be used by either person.. You can leave the lamp on the are where you shot at where the sucker handle is moved when the door opens.. Much quieter when the window is up with the heater fan is on... Keeps dust and flies out the car...

The new motor is an L200 Animal, no sun roof. I had a Hella fitted to my old L200 and only used it to walk down the beam to where the carcass was. Both myself and my lamper used hand held light force units over he winter, out he window, more versatile.

I will still use the handheld but want the capability to walk down the beam when needed.

​TJ
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort

Why not buy one of these horrible electric jobs and you will think you are the best vermin controller ever. You will never see another fox again!!

Because I'm professional in what I do and fit for purpose equipment is a must.

If you are a "proffesional" buy a new one and obtain a reciept to offset against tax.

I'm not a professional stalker. I just conduct myself in a professional manner and having the best affordedable kit help me do that.

​TJ

I pop riveted a truck Hella rear (red) fog light to the bar via a switch and i can drive round my grounds pretty well unseen. PM me for an image if you want.

I would save yourself some money if I were you. I used the suction roof bar with a Blitz for years on a Shogun...fantastic.

When I got a new 2010 L200 it was a problem. The shape of the roof as it slants down to the windshield means you have to mount it too far forwards in order to reach the remote controls. Pan and tilt will be restricted which is a pain. You have to raise the side window slightly to act as a rest or you get cramp after about 30 mins. After an hour the window acting as a rest is uncomfortable.

The solution was to get a Halfords roof bar and mount the remote control directly onto that. Pan and tilt is still restricted but it is useable. In the end I gave up lamping and went over to dedicated NV.

I do have the kit sitting in the garage if you are interested though.

​ATB.