Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting While Certificate Is With Police

Shooting While Certificate Is With Police

Hi All,

I apologise if this is a question I should know the answer to, but my certificate is with Dorset Police to get a restriction removed, can I shoot without it in my possession?

Cheers,

​Jim

Hi

Presumably you have kept a copy (or 2) before sending it off? and copies of you application/letter to remove the restriction and evidence of posting to them, then I see no reason why not.......

L

I take photos of my licences with my phone mainly to check replacement has no entitlements missing. Could be shown to police too.

Or you could ask them for a temporary certificate - for the time they will have yours; I can't remember the form number you need to ask for, but I think they are legally obliged to provide you with one if you ask.

Cheers Guys,

Unless anyone knows anything different then I'll carry on but just take a copy of my certificate and of the letter I wrote when I sent it off.

Cheers,

​Jim

Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    Or you could ask them for a temporary certificate - for the time they will have yours; I can't remember the form number you need to ask for, but I think they are legally obliged to provide you with one if you ask.
    Good luck with this one!!, they hate it when you request a temp permit under section 7 of the act.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You have a certificate in force and you do not need it with you when you are out shng. So go ahead. If stopped by the police they can always check the National Firearms Licensing Management System to confirm the validity of what you are saying. I was stopped last year and a radio call to HQ control room sorted it.

Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    They won't issue a temporary certificate because there is already a valid certificate in existence albeit that the actual physical copy of which is with them for variation at the time. Just carry on shooting as you know you have a valid certificate and they know you have a valid certificate. It would be a different matter though if the certificate had expired and not yet been renewed.
    Last edited by 8x57; 13-07-2013 at 12:53.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks Daw, it's good to know I'll be legal.

Just carry on BUT observe the restrictions you have asked to be lifted untill you get the new one back notifying you of their lifting or they could view it as a breach, untill they have approved the change.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!