Thread: after a new shooting jacket

after a new shooting jacket

Hello lads.

Im after a new shooting jacket and the misses has kindly offered to get me a good one for my 30th in a couple weeks. I recently bought a swede team optifade fleece and i love the came pattern. My pal has just bought the swede team optifade jacket and it looks really good. Plently of pockets in the right areas, nice and thick for winter. But i would have thought it would have been different material for the jacket than the fleece, i thought it would have been a rougher material. I wear Harkila pro hunter trousers and i really like the material on that. I was going to buy the pro hunter jacket to go with the trousers but i really do like the optifade camo patter. I know Harkila also do an Optifade came jacket but i dont know what type of material they use for it. Does anyone know if its the same as the pro hunter jacket / trousers or is it the fleecy type ?

I was Down at the Scottish Game Fair last saturday, and came across this stall that sells Arktis clothing thats specially made for the special forces and police. I saw the Grizzly smock there and it looks fantasic, really nice thick fleecy lining and a tough material on the outer, nice big pocket on the chest to, and not really all that expensive. Anybody got any clothing from Arktis ?

thanks

​Craig

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Morning Craig

You may also wish to look at Sitka www.sitkagear.com based in the US, made in China...but of a very high quality, light weight with a Goretex membrane. I bought the Downpour jacket and overtrousers back in January and have given them serious hammer since then...and very pleased with the way they've stood up to the work. (Buy online from www.elk101.com and the proprietor Corey Jacobsen will give 10% discount....even with shipping and duty, I still saved over 100 compared with buying Swedteam)

The Downpour is in the Optifade Forest pattern and is 'napped' so it's as quiet as raingear ever can be, and is designed for ground blind/tree stand use (altho' I wish they'd put armpit zips in, for comfort).

Regards

Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by KBar1970 View Post
    The Downpour is in the Optifade Forest pattern and is 'napped' so it's as quiet as raingear ever can be, and is designed for ground blind/tree stand use (altho' I wish they'd put armpit zips in, for comfort).

Regards

Kenneth
    Thinking about buying the same jacket but i have heard the same criticism about no armpit zips, so are you saying they are a little 'tight' under the arms?
    I am aware their kit is 'slim fitting' but it is good stuff, i have a Jetstream jacket and love it!
    Cheers
    ​Richard