Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diplomatic hmmmm

Diplomatic hmmmm

30 degree heat and I'm knocking my snickers bar out getting stuff ready for the birds bosses son was repairing a main water pipe as he knew exactly where the leak was but decided to take his unruly cocker with him 12mths old .well as I was going back to the pen his cocker is running the beans after a duck and ducklings splitting them up all over the place I'm afraid I gave him a short burst of keepers tongue why do folk always say "well I've gotta train him " yes but not on my wild birds and not in 30 degrees arhhhh.
    yours one grumpy keeper !

That's not training a cocker to be a good dog, but training it to be a bad dog. The last thing a young cocker needs is letting loose on any game, its been conditioned to run in and disobey commands. Not good As for the heat, was he trying to kill the dog with heat exhaustion? T wat springs to mind
    You were spot on ripping into him, I would've done the same thing!

what you need to do is get hold of the cocker , and put it on a lead and tie to a tree .

then get a good length of willow and collar the owner drag behind said tree and thrash the living daylights out of him and then tell the dog this will is what happens if you dont behave !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    what you need to do is get hold of the cocker , and put it on a lead and tie to a tree .

then get a good length of willow and collar the owner drag behind said tree and thrash the living daylights out of him and then tell the dog this will is what happens if you dont behave !

think you were very diplomatic and if it was i ,i would have told the cock to get trained up 1st before he tryed to train his cocker around new birds !!

Well chaps it makes no difference at all back out this afternoon still baking lots of whistling and shouting and I'm determined not to get hot under the collar as my job and house depend on it ! Think I'll have a glass of whisky and coke with plenty of whisky .
    arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    thats better sihhh
    ​norma

Take the dog off him for a week or two might be easier than the stress of watching him run ragged.

+1 tell him its a head strong dog and you can solve the problem ,might just end up a good flusher better than a running in mutt and ruin your had work come the first day!!

I used to help on an estate where the Bosses wifes Lab used to go hunting solo, it was killing pheasants all over the Estate. When the Keeper spoke to the Bosses wife, she said "so what, they are our birds"!!!! What can you do then? Nothing at all, apart from bite your tongue and try and produce the birds for the Boss.