Thread: Advice on Red Deer Stag Calls

Advice on Red Deer Stag Calls

Hi all.

Anyone suggest good call for red stags

Chinky

Yeah, take one coke bottle, cut of end and remove the lid. Take one deep breath and say the word aghhhhh (as in aghhhhhhh ya ****er ive just hit my funny bone ). The bottle is just there to amplify the sound.

Ads

Yeah, take one coke bottle, cut of end and remove the lid. Take one deep breath and say the word aghhhhh (as in aghhhhhhh ya ****er ive just hit my funny bone ). The bottle is just there to amplify the sound.

Ads
    It bloody works aswell

Yeah it sure does. I didnt believe untill i seen it for myself. I had a nine pointer come in from over 600 yards (range finder) right into 50 yards from me. Best thing was i called him right in over a valley from the local forrestry commision. Well the ranger does it to me all the time. Nice to return the favour . All i do is copy the roaring stag, whatever he does i copy. Works a treat.

Ads

Hi Mark
    I hope you aint trying to call em over the wall

Wayne

Seven up works ok!

I once told a mate about the bottle call. The next time out he heard a stag roaring in the distance. He was walking along a thin ride when he heard it so decided to resiprocate. Daft bugger, the stag came romping straight in from above him and stood 20ft behind a scotch pine thrashing it to hell. My mate shat himself and tip toed his way back down the ride saying to himself "aint trying that again" . I tryed to convince him that he should have been on the sticks and put in a few low grunts. Try and coax him out but he was having nothing to do with it .

I had a 6 pointer roaring in the tree's on friday night. No amount of calling would make him show himself. After about ten mins of grunting and roaring i leant into the tree's and pulled up a brittle branch. On snapping it the stag went noisy and came sneaking out to see what i was. Unfortunatly for him i was a pretty quick moving piece of lead/copper, all he got for his troubles was a scarlet hole on his forehead.

Ads

Hi Wayne , this one i did'nt leave for you next week ,
    But they are here!
    [img][/img]
    This beast was only 100 yards from me and bellowing like mad but not on my side! called him, he then went very quiet and sneaked to within 30 yards of me,
    See you soon mate.

Cervushunter
    said

Hi Wayne , this one i did'nt leave for you next week ,
    But they are here!
    [img][/img]
    This beast was only 100 yards from me and bellowing like mad but not on my side! called him, he then went very quiet and sneaked to within 30 yards of me,
    See you soon mate.
    Hi Mark
    I expect you left his big brother for me
    Nice stag mate I hope that F*****G quad bike's working

I'll bring some venison sausages for your brother to burn

See you Friday mate

Wayne

Bottle call

Cheeky B-----D Wayne, but good idea though if i can make em jump them cattle grids then the shooting would be interesting dunc was in the park day before and stone gettin some pics but reckoned not quite in the rut yet. A mate of mine was in Norfolk shootin red stags and had stags calling in the woods so wanted to know of a call to get them out.
    He has shot 2 this week a 12 point and 10 pointer pics to follow later this week.

Many thanks for the advice
    Bring on the coke bottle!!

Chinky