Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&B 10x42 Classic

S&B 10x42 Classic (image added)

Hi All,
    I've just bought the above second hand, but can't find an example of the reticle on-line. I know a picture's worth a thousand words, but until I get my camera back this will have to do:

it looks like a modified fine Duplex A8, with an extra stadia line sited equidistant from the cross hair to the thicker one (on the upper axis above the cross hair), and a smaller stadia sited just above the junction of the thick/thin (on the lower axis).

The cross hairs themselves are surrounded by a thicker box stadia.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!
    Have e-mailed S&B, but just wondering if anyone was familiar with this reticle, and more importantly the function of the two auxilliary stadia lines (can't really see them being aiming marks or size estimation/ranging marks)?
    many thanks, Tedward.
    Last edited by Tedward; 14-07-2013 at 14:16. Reason: additional image

Sorry off topic how much did you pay for the scope if you don't mind me asking?

sounds like a sniper type reticle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedward View Post
    Hi All,
    I've just bought the above second hand, but can't find an example of the reticle on-line. I know a picture's worth a thousand words, but until I get my camera back this will have to do:

it looks like a modified fine Duplex A8, with an extra stadia line sited equidistant from the cross hair to the thicker one (on the upper axis above the cross hair), and a smaller stadia sited just above the junction of the thick/thin (on the lower axis).

The cross hairs themselves are surrounded by a thicker box stadia.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!
    Have e-mailed S&B, but just wondering if anyone was familiar with this reticle, and more importantly the function of the two auxilliary stadia lines (can't really see them being aiming marks or size estimation/ranging marks)?
    many thanks, Tedward.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1894.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	30279 Image of reticle (looked a lot better on my pc!)

i had the same scope and my rfd reckoned it was a sniper scope.

Had a reply back from S&B:

Thank you for your e-mail.
    It is a special reticle which is called BDMP, Type B.

all I need to do now is translate the attachment and I'll know what the two stadia are for !
    cheers, Tedward.

Latest communication from S&B:

The upper line (hash mark) is for shooting at 100 m and the lower line (hash mark) is for shooting
    at 500 – 700 m.
    The crosshairs within the quadrangle is being used at 300 m.

My assumption is that this is a police/military type reticle, and presumably relates to 7.62mm, the scope dates from 2001.
    cheers, Tedward.

It is a military/police type sniping reticle. Sorry but my grasp of German is no more than a few words and all of them shooting related but that is what BDMP stands for Bund der Militär- und Polize.
    Last edited by 8x57; 17-07-2013 at 06:14.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I would say it's an 'interesting' scope, I too would be curious what you paid.

I have to say, that thick box around the cross hairs would annoy the shjite out of me!

I assume if you zero the centre crosshairs at 100 for stalking, the top hash would be sitting at around 25yd zero?

question, does the thick box cover the deer or most of the deer?

I suppose another option is to use it like it was intended, and use the top hash mark for 100yds and the box for 300yd shots, but with no adjustment facilty for windage, it would have to be manually adjusted of course,,,or does your scope have target turrets?

The thick box if my understanding is correct was intended as a point blank aiming mark for human targets out to 300 metres and was not really intended for sporting use such as deer stalking.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.