Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser Rifles?

Blaser Rifles?

Considering selling my sako 75 .270 and tikka m55 .22-250 and getting a blaser .243. Now I've only shot the blaser once and was very impressed with it. But I can't decide whether to have 1 'good' rifle or stick to what I've got. At the moment I'm only shooting the odd roe and plan to do some lamping at harvest. Got the odd day at hinds in December but a .243 should be fine for that.

Is it worth changing rifles or stick to what I've got? This could well be an impulse decision

One rifle would be fine but lets be honest here, that one rifle should be in 25-06 calibre which will better do what you need than a 243 will!

i would stick with the sako 75 . if it aint broke don,t fix it

A lot of folk have suggested the 6.5 and the 25-06 but what's the factory availability on the 25-06 like anyway?

Check before you buy Mate. Obviously you need to be able to get the ammo! I had no problem with 25-06 but if you can't get it don't buy that calibre!

Just buy a Blaser Hal you will not regret it. I would never go back now . ATB wallace

Quote Originally Posted by wallace grant View Post
    Just buy a Blaser Hal you will not regret it. I would never go back now . ATB wallace
    Is that because of the pretty flowers?
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by wallace grant View Post
    Well I figured if I sell both rifles I've got enough to get one..it's just whether I want to have two rifles to muck about with or one..

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    Is that because of the pretty flowers?
    There will be no flowers going on any of my guns

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Check before you buy Mate. Obviously you need to be able to get the ammo! I had no problem with 25-06 but if you can't get it don't buy that calibre!

I was thinking .243 as it will be 90% roe, fox and the odd hoodie! Also considered 6.5 but that's a bit much for a vermin/deer gun?