Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCTV advice sought.

CCTV advice sought.

Due to an increase in thieving Pikey's in the area I am wanting to increase the security at my home.

For preference I would like 3 cameras mounted on the outside of my house, one at my kennel and one 50m away from the house pointing at the drive.

My questions are.... Is it possible to have a wireless system ?
    Do I record on a hard drive ? is this the same as a P.C/Mac hard drive ?
    Can I access live footage from my Laptop/phone ?

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Ed

I have a couple of cameras that I bought online.

They are Internet Protocol (IP) and are wireless.

I can monitor one of them from anywhere over t'internet, but the other will not play.

When triggered, both cameras record to a hard disk.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

A/ yes
    B/yes
    C/ for better storage and longer storage use a seperate hard drive
    D/ yes providing you buy the correct system
    use motion detection system if possible keeps storage down ,correct lighting for night time or infra red
    dont forget your next doors privacy and public rights of way .
    pm for anymore details
    cheers
    ​norma

Im working on a job at the moment where the worksite is viewed by clients from all around the world via the internet. I've no idea what it costs, but the cameras themselves dont look anything too expensive. The cameras have microphones and speakers on them so you can hear whats going on and if necessary talk back "hey you cacker get of my land!" you can log onto them via any pc, smartphone etc and I believe they have a record function.

https://www.dropcam.com/

My dad had a system like that, until the scroats broke in and nicked the computer he used for the cctv system - he now saves to the cloud.

yes to all questions, it will not stop you getting robbed but will help with insurance

Also worth mentioning time and date are correct on the machine ,should an incident occurr and these are not then the person retrieving the evidence will have to note the time differences better to be correct in the first instance .
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    Due to an increase in thieving Pikey's in the area I am wanting to increase the security at my home.

For preference I would like 3 cameras mounted on the outside of my house, one at my kennel and one 50m away from the house pointing at the drive.

My questions are.... Is it possible to have a wireless system ?
    Do I record on a hard drive ? is this the same as a P.C/Mac hard drive ?
    Can I access live footage from my Laptop/phone ?

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Ed
    I recently bought a system from Macro. Swann H264 records continuously plug and play job put it on your IPhone, ipad, laptop is simple also around £240.00 gives you 4 cameras a base unit and monitor both colour and Ir for night .

Remember put up the signs that come with it, as a notice that people are being recorded covers you in any eventuality if you require it for evidence. without them any recording is inadmissible as evidence .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    I recently bought a system from Macro. Swann H264 records continuously plug and play job put it on your IPhone, ipad, laptop is simple also around £240.00 gives you 4 cameras a base unit and monitor both colour and Ir for night .

Remember put up the signs that come with it, as a notice that people are being recorded covers you in any eventuality if you require it for evidence. without them any recording is inadmissible as evidence .
    So if some scroat breaks in and jemmys my gunsafe open the Police won't be interested in the footage because I don't have warning signs up?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    So if some scroat breaks in and jemmys my gunsafe open the Police won't be interested in the footage because I don't have warning signs up?
    Did I say that SI ,no I Didn't. The footage in court unless signage is put up is inadmissible that's the reason it comes with the cameras .

Now then here's another point in the towns and cities in Scotland the have signs up in and around the towns this allows them to charge you with any offence as they have told you cctv cameras are in use
    Attachment 30274