Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we (They) losing it.?

Are we (They) losing it.?

Old saying, "Charity begins at home", I hear we support a sub continent's country in their efforts in space,... when our elderly can be overheard in the supermarkets,"Shall we be clean, or shall we be warm this week"? .... the mighty U.S.A. has reigned in it's overseas aid spending, as have other G8's,.......... are we alone in being f****ng mad??.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Things are not always as they seem ....
    Many friendly government business contracts, particularly in defence and aerospace, depend upon other factors being in place .... so I would not be surprised if some UK businesses benefit greatly by the charities and good causes we support nationally.
    And for the sake of clarity, I would cut overseas aid immediately, but have no idea of the unintended consequences of doing so ...
    just a thought ....
    Tony

This country is run by people from privileged backgrounds who have no real idea of the value of money and treat taxpayers funds as something to carry out noble philanthropic gestures with.

I am sure that these revenues must be our largest single export to the Common Market and our old empire were all too keen to get rid of us, apart from our funding.

The net result is many of us have medical treatment delayed due to "waiting lists", my son's school is in special measures, the local roads do not get salt & grit on them when icy, we all have to work extra years to get a state pension that we have paid into, to name just a few problems that this misplaced generosity causes.

Our politicians could do with a reality check and surely it is time that all these overseas nations supported themselves.

atb Tim

Well ... we elected them didn't we?
    seems the trade unions are run by people not with privileged backgrounds but have acquired them in the name of democracy .....
    you fancy Bob Crowe as PM?
    I think not!!
    I vote for Boris .... or maybe Nigel Farage?
    Tony

Our beloved President, may God keep him safe and healthy so that he my live long with the shameful legacy of economic burden he has created,recently took a good will tour to Africa that cost the US tax payers in excess of $180 million dollars in direct cost. During that trip, as a 'good will" gesture, he gave away almost 7.2 billion American tax dollars for various third world projects. He didn't ask anyone: He did it by Executive Order -a privilege reserved for emergency situations when Congress isn't in session.

America is broke. Think we are all happy about this?? Not in my neighborhood.~Muir

Here's an uncharitable thought - if the money was stopped to these third world countries, there would probably quite quickly, be mass starvation, followed soon after by (un)civil war/mass murder/genocide.
    As unpleasant as these things would be, it would be beneficial to the countries involved, and to the world, once things had calmed down. This would be due to reduced population, therefore reduced demands on the resources available, reduced industry (therefore reduction in pollution/global warming).
    It would also inevitably create wealth for quite a few morally bankrupt individuals and businesses who would no doubt send arms tl these warring factions.
    It can be argued that sending money to these countries is preventing war, famine and pestilence, which is good.
    Personally, I think our government would be better served by getting its own house (country) in order first, before it tries sorting everyone else out.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    This country is run by people from privileged backgrounds who have no real idea of the value of money and treat taxpayers funds as something to carry out noble philanthropic gestures with.

I am sure that these revenues must be our largest single export to the Common Market and our old empire were all too keen to get rid of us, apart from our funding.

The net result is many of us have medical treatment delayed due to "waiting lists", my son's school is in special measures, the local roads do not get salt & grit on them when icy, we all have to work extra years to get a state pension that we have paid into, to name just a few problems that this misplaced generosity causes.

Our politicians could do with a reality check and surely it is time that all these overseas nations supported themselves.

atb Tim
    +1 well said tht man

+1
    vote teabag for PM can't do any worst pox'y do gooders was this man so wrong !!!

Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    Here's an uncharitable thought - if the money was stopped to these third world countries, there would probably quite quickly, be mass starvation, followed soon after by (un)civil war/mass murder/genocide.
    As unpleasant as these things would be, it would be beneficial to the countries involved, and to the world, once things had calmed down. This would be due to reduced population, therefore reduced demands on the resources available, reduced industry (therefore reduction in pollution/global warming).
    It would also inevitably create wealth for quite a few morally bankrupt individuals and businesses who would no doubt send arms tl these warring factions.
    It can be argued that sending money to these countries is preventing war, famine and pestilence, which is good.
    Personally, I think our government would be better served by getting its own house (country) in order first, before it tries sorting everyone else out.

Oops! I didn't intend for that post to sound as xenophobic as the picture of Enoch Powell makes it seem.

Enoch spoke the truth. The only person to enter the houses of parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes. We get wage cuts or frozen wages the politicians get a 10k wage increase after the next election!!! How many of the thieving sods will turn it down??