Are we (They) losing it.?

finnbear270

Old saying, "Charity begins at home", I hear we support a sub continent's country in their efforts in space,... when our elderly can be overheard in the supermarkets,"Shall we be clean, or shall we be warm this week"?:eek: .... the mighty U.S.A. has reigned in it's overseas aid spending, as have other G8's,.......... are we alone in being f****ng mad??.:doh:

Things are not always as they seem ....
Many friendly government business contracts, particularly in defence and aerospace, depend upon other factors being in place .... so I would not be surprised if some UK businesses benefit greatly by the charities and good causes we support nationally.
And for the sake of clarity, I would cut overseas aid immediately, but have no idea of the unintended consequences of doing so ...
just a thought ....
Tony

This country is run by people from privileged backgrounds who have no real idea of the value of money and treat taxpayers funds as something to carry out noble philanthropic gestures with.

I am sure that these revenues must be our largest single export to the Common Market and our old empire were all too keen to get rid of us, apart from our funding.

The net result is many of us have medical treatment delayed due to "waiting lists", my son's school is in special measures, the local roads do not get salt & grit on them when icy, we all have to work extra years to get a state pension that we have paid into, to name just a few problems that this misplaced generosity causes.

Our politicians could do with a reality check and surely it is time that all these overseas nations supported themselves.

atb Tim

Well ... we elected them didn't we?
seems the trade unions are run by people not with privileged backgrounds but have acquired them in the name of democracy .....
you fancy Bob Crowe as PM?
I think not!!
I vote for Boris .... or maybe Nigel Farage?
Tony

Our beloved President, may God keep him safe and healthy so that he my live long with the shameful legacy of economic burden he has created,recently took a good will tour to Africa that cost the US tax payers in excess of $180 million dollars in direct cost. During that trip, as a 'good will" gesture, he gave away almost 7.2 billion American tax dollars for various third world projects. He didn't ask anyone: He did it by Executive Order -a privilege reserved for emergency situations when Congress isn't in session.

America is broke. Think we are all happy about this?? Not in my neighborhood.~Muir

Here's an uncharitable thought - if the money was stopped to these third world countries, there would probably quite quickly, be mass starvation, followed soon after by (un)civil war/mass murder/genocide.
As unpleasant as these things would be, it would be beneficial to the countries involved, and to the world, once things had calmed down. This would be due to reduced population, therefore reduced demands on the resources available, reduced industry (therefore reduction in pollution/global warming).
It would also inevitably create wealth for quite a few morally bankrupt individuals and businesses who would no doubt send arms tl these warring factions.
It can be argued that sending money to these countries is preventing war, famine and pestilence, which is good.
Personally, I think our government would be better served by getting its own house (country) in order first, before it tries sorting everyone else out.

This country is run by people from privileged backgrounds who have no real idea of the value of money and treat taxpayers funds as something to carry out noble philanthropic gestures with.

I am sure that these revenues must be our largest single export to the Common Market and our old empire were all too keen to get rid of us, apart from our funding.

The net result is many of us have medical treatment delayed due to "waiting lists", my son's school is in special measures, the local roads do not get salt & grit on them when icy, we all have to work extra years to get a state pension that we have paid into, to name just a few problems that this misplaced generosity causes.

Our politicians could do with a reality check and surely it is time that all these overseas nations supported themselves.

atb Tim
+1 well said tht man

+1
:lol: vote teabag for PM can't do any worst :stir: pox'y do gooders was this man so wrong !!!

Here's an uncharitable thought - if the money was stopped to these third world countries, there would probably quite quickly, be mass starvation, followed soon after by (un)civil war/mass murder/genocide.
As unpleasant as these things would be, it would be beneficial to the countries involved, and to the world, once things had calmed down. This would be due to reduced population, therefore reduced demands on the resources available, reduced industry (therefore reduction in pollution/global warming).
It would also inevitably create wealth for quite a few morally bankrupt individuals and businesses who would no doubt send arms tl these warring factions.
It can be argued that sending money to these countries is preventing war, famine and pestilence, which is good.
Personally, I think our government would be better served by getting its own house (country) in order first, before it tries sorting everyone else out.

Oops! I didn't intend for that post to sound as xenophobic as the picture of Enoch Powell makes it seem.

Enoch spoke the truth. The only person to enter the houses of parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes. We get wage cuts or frozen wages the politicians get a £10k wage increase after the next election!!! How many of the thieving sods will turn it down??

also not a xenophobic but we are being bled dry and we'r not keeping our own well feed 1st, we also have real poverty here in the uk !! look on any street around the back streets for our own card board citys :cry:

Enoch spoke the truth. The only person to enter the houses of parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes. We get wage cuts or frozen wages the politicians get a £10k wage increase after the next election!!! How many of the thieving sods will turn it down??

Aye, and what about the scumbags who are paid off with hundreds of thousands of pounds compensation because of `the cuts`and then are re-employed by the same lot of lame-brained wasters.
The last government boasted that they had `spent all the money` after they were booted out.
We should not be the policeman of the world, the worldwide free health service, providers of benefits and housing to every foreign waster who cannot speak our language and has never paid one penny into our system or give `foreign aid` to those who would happily slit our throats.
The accounts of the EU have NEVER been passed yet billions are annually poured down the corrupt EU drains.
Bring back sanity with those like Maggie and Enoch.

HWH.

We/They lost it a long, long time ago and you ain`t getting it back.
It`s ok to cancel operations on the elderly and sick children.
It`s ok to cut the defence budget and still send our troops to war.
It`s ok to allow the elderly to choose between `heat or eat`
It`s ok to allow millions to be spent on a flat for a Royal baby.
It`s ok for a muslim on benefits to burn the poppy for £50.
It`s ok to allow our mp`s to have a £10.000 a year rise and it`s ok to send foreign aid to countries already richer than us.
But never mind, each and everyone of us is more than happy to bend over and take the shafting. I feel really sorry for my Grandchildren and the future they have to look forward to in the UK.

When I was 80 in May I got a huge rise on my state pension !
25 PENCE per week, crikey, in 5 weeks I can buy an extra loaf of Hovis bread.[ actually not true as it was 143 PENCE a loaf on Saturday.]

HWH.

For whatever job you do, you need to be trained. That can take years in respect of some professions such as doctors, but even till operatives in Tesco or cabbies in London can't become proficient until they're trained. the only exception to this is politicians. They just need to get nominated in a constituency where their party is going to win, that's it! Then they can swindle, claim and lie themselves into the great offices of state. Is it any wonder the country is going to the dogs?

Politicians these days deservedly have a very poor reputation. I just cannot imagine that they can shove paltry or no wage raises on others to have people spiralling into poverty and they're going to get a massive raise. The king of France lost his head for doing something very similar.

Sorry but I don't really care. If the choice is, our old people have full bellies and warm houses in the winter or the third world dies from war,famine or pestilence, tough luck third world.If there is anything left after we have put our own house in order then we can help others
Geordie

?
Politicians these days deservedly have a very poor reputation. I just cannot imagine that they can shove paltry or no wage raises on others to have people spiralling into poverty and they're going to get a massive raise. The king of France lost his head for doing something very similar.

Careful. You're beginning to sound American.

In the US there are two States that are booming and healthy, financially speaking. Texas and North Dakota. Texas because they have no State taxes and encourage new business with even greater incentives. North Dakota because they took their State off of the national banking system and they drill for, and sell, oil.

The US government has spent trillions of tax payer dollars on 'green' energy and all of them have failed. The business have taken the money and folded under bankruptcy. The 'green energy czar' is Jeffery Emelt who owns General Electric. His company and subsidiaries have gotten billions in funding. The average "green job" created cost about a half million dollars each so far.

The contrast here is stark. Where the government is involved we have tax payer sponsored failure on a massive level. Where the government is held at arms length, profound success. It's maddening.~Muir

Muir, I don't think that it is a case of people beginning to sound American, as much as it may be a case of the the man in the street being able to see the wood, and the politicians not even being able to see the trees!

It seems from world news that it is a global phenomenon, rather than just a British or American one.

Africa cannot sustain its population, look at Ethiopia for instance, at the time of the first band aid the population stood at about 80 million most starving, now billions of dollar later its twice that and still starving!!
Stop all aid to africa and nature will quickly take its course and Africa would return to a continent with a sustainable population.

Ian.

The problem with he natural solution is that those extra population will just head here or to Australia and burden their resources and until the powers that be grow some balls and say NO! Bog off what will change.

Those that come here get instant cash payouts and extras like bus passes, free TV and phone and what do the natives of these islands get ?

Back