Best Sling?

Monkey Spanker

What's the best sling currently?
I'm after something in the 'over the shoulder' range rather than the backpack type. I'd also prefer a cammo neoprene type.
I've been looking at the Butler Creek one which looks ok (I already have a black one) and also the Nigeloh one which is almost twice the price! Is it any better, or is there something else that I'm missing. Any recommendations appreciated.
MS

View attachment 30304
Here's mine Mick. It gives me the choice of slack over the shoulder or tight for range work/packing etc.
I'm not sure where you would get one here in UK, I got mine from Germany, but I'm sure there must be a leather-smith capable of copying it.

£921.95 and thay have sold one ! was it you :eek:
i'v got one of them cost me $19 odd at wallmart ok ,good on a light rifle but my rpa bounces and it slips back on shoulder when i'v got a mod on? so no its not that good been looking for one wide soft padded one with a thumhole !
:tiphat:

Last edited:
yes i forgot about them, i had one on my 25-06 that i sold good sling so back to the CLA G/F buying list add that on to it thanks . more cash needed ! sell the kids :rofl:

Z aim is what I use keeps my weapon tight in the shoulder can climb around without slipping off the shoulder

see what you mean but i don't like the back pack types unless its not for I.A use, just traveling to and from then it a good way to carry

I have a Brownell's Quick Set Latigo sling in 1 1/4" black leather. Unused, brand new and lovely! I bought it after seeing it on FSTV but it wouldn't fit the swivels on my R8 and I didn't fancy drilling them to make it fit! yours for £69 shipped

eBay sellers often put a 9 in front of the real price when they no longer have stock of an item. Saves any costs with listing, safe in the knowledge that no-one is going to buy it at the temporary price !

On-topic ... Z-aim every time.

Biased - but only slightly as sold out at Scone and waiting upon next batch from Sweden :D, but Z-aim is what I choose to use.

But with nod to original poster, it isn't camo.

Biased - but only slightly as sold out at Scone and waiting upon next batch from Sweden :D, but Z-aim is what I choose to use.

But with nod to original poster, it isn't camo.

I like the look of the Z - Aim and I'm not a slave to the cammo colour either. What I would ask though, is can the rifle still be carried muzzle down with this sling as it looks like the side strap is secured around the palm swell?
This might make the side strap too far up into the armpit I'm thinking?
MS

I like the look of the Z - Aim and I'm not a slave to the cammo colour either. What I would ask though, is can the rifle still be carried muzzle down with this sling as it looks like the side strap is secured around the palm swell?
This might make the side strap too far up into the armpit I'm thinking?
MS

I have the z aim and it works for me. I find even without the side strap it sits upright on the shoulder better than the others I have tried with very little slippage. I'm not totally sure about your side strap query but in my head both the sling and side strap are still in the same position relative to each other whether you carry it muzzle up or down, the only difference should be that the side strap goes round your chest/back at a different height and probably at a different angle.

ATB

Stewarty69

I use a traditional heavy leather sling ( Bisley ? ) with some sort of grippy rubber on the other side. First class bit of kit. Dougster was making some cracking looking slings on this site a while back.

What's the best sling currently?
I'm after something in the 'over the shoulder' range rather than the backpack type. I'd also prefer a cammo neoprene type.
I've been looking at the Butler Creek one which looks ok (I already have a black one) and also the Nigeloh one which is almost twice the price! Is it any better, or is there something else that I'm missing. Any recommendations appreciated.
MS
The ones I make exclusively for myself of course.

Not that I had realised this was in question until your post!

K
:D

Hi MS Its bazil here I have a Ridgeline neo sling your more than welcome to it PM me if interested

Back