Enclosed hide

Erik Hamburger

I have a great spot in mind where I want to put up an enclosed hide. Due to the lay of the land it can be located on the ground, and the firing direction is uphill with a good backstop left, forward and right. Problem being there is no vehicle access (not even a quad bike) so all materials have to be carried for some 500 yards uphill.
If anybody has any plans, drawings or pictures of something that can be constructed out of man-portable components I would be most grateful for ideas and suggestions - thank you.

4x4 is ample size. Mount on tyres??? I did two sheds for the archeologists. It was they that introduced me to temp sheds on tyres. The tyres fit between the joists so gives the floor extra support. They are waterproof and if he ground slopes, add an extra tyre. It works very well. Pity you were not closer. I have a shed that would be ideal to dismantle in my daughters garden. Jim

As others, the key is to build it in sections so that it can be transported / carried easily, then assembled on site with simple hand tools.
I have the same problem on some of my ground where 500 yds would have been a pleasure!
The size / design should be custom made to fit its location & requirements
Wingy

Back