Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electronic ear defenders

electronic ear defenders

Hi Lads

What have you got that doesnt break the bank? Preferably slimline!

Cheers

​Dave

My slimline pair are Peltor Sportac, although I use them only when I'm shotgunning.
    I guess whether they break the bank or not depends on your particular bank, but you could save 40 or so over what it cost me to arrive at them by not first buying the apparently good-value-for-money pair with infuriatingly crappy electronics!

On the rifle-range, I use the rather fatter Protac II.
    Last edited by Dalua; 15-07-2013 at 17:06.

They will only really be used on the range. Im using fitted in ear plugs at the moment whilst im putting bits aside to have some molded electronic in ear's. I''m only after some to tie me over until then

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian223 View Post
    They will only really be used on the range. Im using fitted in ear plugs at the moment whilst im putting bits aside to have some molded electronic in ear's. I''m only after some to tie me over until then
    I'm not persuaded that any ear-plug type things is adequate protection when using a c/f rifle.
    I use in-ear plugs when out proper-shooting with a shotgun, but for clays I use over-ear defenders.

IMO on the rifle-range the only place for any kind of ear-plug is in ears that are also covered by proper ear-defenders! Not everyone agrees with this view, though. I said NOT EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME ON THIS - yes, you're right, of course I must have been mumbling.

Peltor SportTac / Tactical Sport (different branding in other countries) will suit you fine. You can use regular ear plugs with them if you need extra protection. Still able to hear quite good.

One thing, try them on before buying, the electronics are taking some space and since they're quite slimline there's not so much space for your ears. They fit me fine when used in right orientation but I surely notice if I accidentally put them on the other way around. So somebody with big ears may find them too small.

I agree with you on that one. The in electronic in ear plugs is mainly for when im stalking without a mod. I wouldnt mind a set of sportac's but i have other priorities at the moment thanks to the Mr's so i've gotta watch my pennies :-(

I've only got smal ears and have tried a friend's set and i was surprised by how good the electronics were

these are what i use. bought from ebay but not this seller. if you can wait and watch you can pick them up cheaper still. i paid 24 posted for my Howard leights from the states on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Impact-Sport-Electronic-Earmuff-B25-/121138682744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c346d 9b78

bought a set of 40 slimline caldwells from Amazon, really pleased with them! if im next to someone with a muzzle break i will double up with plugs but they are more than sufficient for what i need them for! Thanks all!

Apparently a pair of Peltor Sporttac at a good price on the Bay of E just now - no. 290951407318