Thread: d&g gold medals

d&g gold medals

I'd be interested to hear from any members who've shot a gold medal of any species in Dumfries and Galloway? The county has good numbers of deer and stalkers, but I'd be interested to see what's it's capable of producing.

Cheers

Novice

Just send a PM to TDW AKA CICUK off this site they should have records but i dont think for its size it has produced that much in the way of golds but a few stags have made top honors

Novice,

If you can pm me I'll open up the records and see what I can find. Let me know the species you want to know about please,

TDW

I'm not really into my medal/heads but generally ground not rich enough in minerals for the Roe to have very big heads, althou i'm sure the odd 1 gets shot, but for the ammount of Roe shot probably a smaller percentage than other areas have. If ur after a medal class head u pobably wouldn't come to D&G as a first choice, but still loads off quality stalking just not a lot off medals

Some bigger Red, was the scottish record not broken last year/or season before by a galloway red, althou still no idea how that compares to medal classes
    Last edited by countrryboy; 16-07-2013 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    I'm not really into my medal/heads but generally ground not rich enough in minerals for the Roe to have very big heads, althou i'm sure the odd 1 gets shot, but for the ammount of Roe shot probably a smaller percentage than other areas have. If ur after a medal class head u pobably wouldn't come to D&G as a first choice, but still loads off quality stalking just not a lot off medals

Some bigger Red, was the scottish record not broken last year/or season before by a galloway red, althou still no idea how that compares to medal classes
    Thanks for the input. I stalk in the county myself. I've had a couple of heads just miss oit on bronze for various reasons and one drying at present that I'm going to have measured. I'm sure a fair number of heads make bronze from the area, I'm just interested to know whether the elusive gold has ever been achieved. We've noticed an increase in body weights and heads since the shoot was re-established on the estate and I think the knz blocks we put out also have an influence.

Novice