Thread: Value for money.

Value for money.

Having posted about the rip-off entry and food etc at the Scone Gamefair i was wondering what you have spent your hard earned on and felt that the purchase was value for money?

Lagavulin 16 year old!
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

One of those camo cushions for prolonged spells of high seat shooting when the seat is frosty in winter under 20 my piles think its wonderful! Proving cheap and cheerfull is usefull too Oh and the lidl stealth camera 69 amazing for that too .
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    One of those camo cushions for prolonged spells of high seat shooting when the seat is frosty in winter under 20 my piles think its wonderful! Proving cheap and cheerfull is usefull too Oh and the lidl stealth camera 69 amazing for that too .
    ​norma
    168.21 Vets bill. Some ******* of an alsation ripped the **** out of my little bitch and she is worth every penny I spend on her.
    John.

'Out of Town' DVD box set - Volumes 1 -10 with Jack Hargreaves.

Been after one of these (at a sensible price) for ages. Sat down and watched the first last night, and not only is it still good but the memories...

Next is to track down some of the many other episodes lost in the past.

Out of Town, nostalgia on a disc. Especially liked the episode where a Texan who turned up in the UK with a Western coach from the USA, picked up 'wild horses' from the nearest moorland. Spent a day or so breaking them to pull the coach, then set off to tour europe advertising Camel cigaretts. RSPCA no where to be seen. Ahhh the 70's.

My 2WD Rokon motorcycle: I wanted one for 40 years and it's been the best $6300 I ever spent. I've gotten $20K worth of use from it tracking missing cattle in canyon country that eats 4-wheelers, cruising mountain back country, and making my neighbor's kids eyes pop when I drive it over log piles and such. Worth every lunch I had to do without to pay for it.~Muir

Are we talking about purchases at Scone or in general? - at Scione I bought the obligatory Mora knife 8 - which was ok as some were selling them for 12!, I bought 2 new pocket steels for sharpening as I just about wore my old one out and my fave purchase of the day was a new pair of 8 x 42 Steiner Skyhawks which i am VERY impressed with so far, and I got them at a snip of the usual price and they threw in a swisscard free....

All in all a good day.

Regards,

Gixer

Quote Originally Posted by JAT View Post
    Out of Town, nostalgia on a disc. Especially liked the episode where a Texan who turned up in the UK with a Western coach from the USA, picked up 'wild horses' from the nearest moorland. Spent a day or so breaking them to pull the coach, then set off to tour europe advertising Camel cigaretts. RSPCA no where to be seen. Ahhh the 70's.
    Superb