Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bullets from canada in lugagge

bullets from canada in lugagge

Am heading off to Canada tonight for a fortnight's holiday (no hunting but some sturgeon fishing).

Can anyone who has done, please explain what paperwork, charges apply to me if I return with bullets (not the full round just the bullet at the end) Looking to purchase some barnes whilst im over as they are a lot cheaper.

My firearms officer was useless when I asked and I would need a first class honours degree in complicated bull**** to understand the HMRC web****e.

ps Have also persuaded SWMBO that a day trip over the border so that I can visit cabelas is a good idea so hopefully some new kit on my return

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    ps Have also persuaded SWMBO that a day trip over the border so that I can visit cabelas is a good idea so hopefully some new kit on my return
    Take an EMPTY lugagge case!

+1
    request the info from your airline , and just don't bring back over the amount or cals as per your cert back get a sum A- max and resell it to help pay your cost's ?
    i think basc published a paper ! call them

And a big lockable case
    Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Take an EMPTY lugagge case!

Take your FAC just in case customs or the airline get a little confused as to whether you can hold them.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

I've brought bullets back from the US quite a few times and have never had a problem, I put them in the suit case in the hold, just remeber dont go over the allowance if there expanding.

Andrew

Bullets do not need to be declared on departure or on arrival in UK

Full rounds do - on departure (should be pre-booked with the airline to make sure) and on arrival in UK. However, if you can persuade the guys in the red channel to complete your FAC then you are a better man than I, Gunga Din

Just pack in a checked in case and keep your receipts to show usage to your FLO on renewal.

When it was $2.09 to the things were very cheap. No so much now at $1.50?

Iain

PS. As already stated definitely take your FAC with you & do not exceed your FAC holding quantity per calibre.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 16-07-2013 at 13:41.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

paul 'o mentioned locking your case. I think that it was previously recommended by the U.S. customs and border protection authorities that cases should be unlocked or have an aproved locks that they are able to open. If this wasn't complied with they would force cases open.
    Now I may be wrong on this but it would be worth checking if this is still the case and also the case with Canada also.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    paul 'o mentioned locking your case. I think that it was previously recommended by the U.S. customs and border protection authorities that cases should be unlocked or have an aproved locks that they are able to open. If this wasn't complied with they would force cases open.
    Now I may be wrong on this but it would be worth checking if this is still the case and also the case with Canada also.
    You are correct.

If case locks are not TSA approved then TSA will smash the locks to get in to the case.

You only forget once......(fortunately my case locks were replaced free by Samsonite under their "lifetime warranty". I tried to pay explaining it was my fault & they would not let me).
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

sorry yes feller ment lockable but opened on request saves the light fingers at orlando int airport i found and can prove theft once back in the uk !!

Unlike the States you need an fac to buy ammo in Canada. Your uk one wont be accepted by canadian gun stores. Canada customs will issue you a temp fac if you are bringing a hunting rifle into the country but you say your just going fishing? And don't try to bring any ammo or gun parts from the us to Canada either, it is illegal even with an fac and there are way too many horror stories!

pm me if you want more info. I live part of the year in BC.