Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: munty arrives

munty arrives

After several yrs of muntys getting closer to the estate, and a spurious sightings, they have finally arrived, with my son getting one last evening, still in velvet, so this will make 5 species taken off the estate now.

All that buttolo work must have called them in

​Congrats mate

Not sure which part of Hants you are in but guessing between Ringwood and Soton area but I have seen numerous Muntjac the other side of the A31, mostly around Hamptworth area and down far as Cranbounre.

Quote Originally Posted by R8 user View Post
    Not sure which part of Hants you are in but guessing between Ringwood and Soton area but I have seen numerous Muntjac the other side of the A31, mostly around Hamptworth area and down far as Cranbounre.
    there are plenty on hampworth, but the a31 kept them that side, we have had sightings around the village for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    there are plenty on hampworth, but the a31 kept them that side, we have had sightings around the village for a while now.
    A little further north I have seen them east of the A31 (just), and almost as far as the A325 but not east it (yet)

After several yrs of muntys getting closer to the estate, and a spurious sightings, they have finally arrived, with my son getting one last evening, still in velvet, so this will make 5 species taken off the estate now.
    out of interest, what are the other 4 species?

One would assume

red
    roe
    fallow
    Sika

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    out of interest, what are the other 4 species? One would assume red roe fallow Sika
    ​correct.

hi taff I too shot my very first munty last week a doe just outside romsey its been the first I have had in my sights I did see one about 2 years ago but I did not shot it at the time. very little sign of slots on the ground so im not sure if it was moving through or it had moved in ? strange things only seam to like some areas only a few miles down the road loads on some ground and none on ground next door.

How long before they get to South Wales ?? ... If you see any thumbing a lift tell em I'll come pick em up if needed

I was thinking earlier if it was possible to do a deer distribution map like the BDS one but from members of the SD so would be pretty accurate as would be done by stalkers?