Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Badger was fox' lie Cumbria men's convictions upheld

'Badger was fox' lie Cumbria men's convictions upheld

You have to be kidding! The gene pool must be pretty shallow in these families to be this stupid

"We thought it was a fox, guv'..."

BBC News - s convictions upheld
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    You have to be kidding! The gene pool must be pretty shallow in these families to be this stupid

"We thought it was a fox, guv'..."

BBC News - s convictions upheld
    No tick box for that on the FLO's Aplicant Form.

K

So they were said to have been seen putting a live badger in the back of their van and someone thought it is a fox?

I don't know what the hell they were smoking but I think I'll try some too!
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 17-07-2013 at 09:05.

so no actual badger or fox was found???? only the fact that 'someone' saw them putting what they thought was a badger in the back of the van!!!!! and the fact that the judge did not believe them convicted them or am i missing something here
    a barony original

Quote Originally Posted by landkeeper View Post
    so no actual badger or fox was found???? only the fact that 'someone' saw them putting what they thought was a badger in the back of the van!!!!! and the fact that the judge did not believe them convicted them or am i missing something here
    As usual with the media, only half a story.

At the time they were apparently caught by 2 police officers who saw and identified the animal as a badger.

They chanced their arm and decided to present a defence that the cops were wrong in identifying the animal as a badger.

No doubt this defence was decided on as the badger was not seized at the time, due to being "alive" as that is an essential part of the charge.

ah that's different in which case the deserve what they get.
    i know someone very well who fell foul of the law. he was seen on a disused fox earth with a terrier and was convicted of badger baiting simply on the say so of a third party i thought it might have been similar circumstances
    a barony original

Blog Entries
    Don't you just hate that?

I remember, back in the day, pulling a Fox at night and waking up next day with a heavy head staring at a Badger.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Could it have been mistaken for beaver?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    Don't you just hate that?

I remember, back in the day, pulling a Fox at night and waking up next day with a heavy head staring at a Badger.
    Closest was after an all day session in Wotherspoons and lady luck was on my side and I went off home with a stunner only to find during the night she had changed into.... Well lets just say, it was that bad I quickly got ready and left her in my own house..

Evidence that wild Boar have indeed established themselves as far North as Wishaw!
    Last edited by bobthedug; 17-07-2013 at 11:12.

You have to admire anyone who would "Chance their arm" in the back of a van with an pissed off Badger inside!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!