Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Brno #2 scope mount help

Old Brno #2 scope mount help

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find a set of extra high mounts for my dads old brno 22 lr. I'm pretty sure-ish that its a 16-17mm rail and sportsmatch do a set of 15-17mm dovetail but they only go up to high, and due to the open sites being part of the action and non removable (without a grinder) i need extra high mounts to get a 50mm scope on. Does anyone know where i could get these or indeed who else manufactures mounts for the old brno?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob, I have a brno mk2 and I bought an adaptor which increased the height for a larger scope and altered the dovetail down from 15 to 11 mm, so I didn't need change the mounts I already had. So you wouldn't need purchase extra high mounts as it looks to raise the dovetails by around 14mm.

If you look at JSRamsbottom.com under the "Arrestor, Rails, levels ect" you will see the item numbered RB4 and at 19.00.

It must be worth a look. Hope this fits you're rifle ....... Alan

What kind of #2 Brno do you have that has a non-removable rear sight that is part of the action and not on the barrel?? Mine come off the mounts easily. ~Muir

Muir - its the version with the rear site is part of the action, tried to get it off but looked like the only option was to put a grider on it??

Owdnorthener - thanks bud they look ideal and ive just ordered a set. hopefully the medium 11mm mounts will do the job

Cheers rob

This kind, I imagine:

"Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Yip thats the very one, i have got the actual mechanism out but the housing is still on the rifle at doesnt want to budge. Should hopefully be ok with raiser blocks

My BRNO #2 still has the rear sight housing on it. Exactly the same type as in the pic. The bit that's actually fixed to the rifle is still there, but not the removable bit, as per your description.
    I have a 50mm scope, and it's fine with ordinary medium mounts.
    The objective end of the scope sits slightly over the lower part of the rear sight housing, but stops short of the higher part. No probs at all.

I believe the open sight base is brazed to the barrel and would require serious heat input to remove.

Definitely not worth doing, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    I believe the open sight base is brazed to the barrel and would require serious heat input to remove.

Definitely not worth doing, IMHO.
    Don't think so, look at the underside and you will see a cross pin, just above the threaded lug.
    Knock the pin out and the sight body will drive of the end of the barrel, but it does leave a step in the barrel contour as the bit
    under the mount is parallel, this can be lost with ten minutes on a lathe, but will then need re-finnishing.

Neil.

I'm kicking myself now!

Years ago I disposed of a 452 because I couldn't get the rearsight base off without butchery.

Never saw the pin of which you speak