Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A fine pair of stutzens!

A fine pair of stutzens!

After many months of scouring the classifieds and auction catalogues, I've finally taken delivery of a CZ425FS to match my Steyr Mannlicher 7mm08 stutzen. As you can see, they're almost exactly the same size, so the CZ will be perfect for cheaper practice, which was always the plan.

Attachment 30362

The CZ came with a Hawke Nite-Eye 3.5-10x50 IR, now for sale in the Classifieds section if anyone's interested. I plan to replace it with a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33, but until I have it, I'm not sure what mounts I need (yes Klenchblaize, I know, Conetrol ones...). I've added a couple of pics of the receiver and bolt clearance which may help the experts out there with suggestions!

Attachment 30363Attachment 30364

Anyway, that's my battery complete for now.

Well worth the wait Pine Martin!You must be well chuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    The CZ will be perfect for cheaper practice, which was always the plan. [...] Anyway, that's my battery complete for now.
    Famous last words! If cheap practice is called for, maybe you should acquire one of these too, even if the comb is the wrong shape!

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    nice rifles
    +1 and even beter with the right MOUNTS/RINGS & scope!

K

Great stuff PM! Very glad it suits ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I'm not sure what mounts I need (yes Klenchblaize, I know, Conetrol ones...).
    While some folks like them I've never been an advocate of Coentrol mounts . I've had a couple sets and while they worked okay I just never cared for them .

Same can be said for the old Bausch & Lomb external adjustment mounts for their old straight tube scopes . I got uhm and they work but I don't really like uhm !

Well when I manage to source the scope, I shall have a look at what decent mounts are available at a reasonable price. I mean, I daresay Leupold's mounts for their own scopes work OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Famous last words! If cheap practice is called for, maybe you should acquire one of these too, even if the comb is the wrong shape!

I've already teased him about that one! And I notice he's gone for my scope choice despite deriding it initially "Can't put a Yankee scope on the CZ"... pah!

Always been a fan of stutzens but quite like being able to have a mod at the same time? Took an old german guy stalking down in the borders, he had a beautiful stutzen, the company name slips my mind!