Has anyone seen one of these before???

270Buck

I was in Northumberland at the weekend. I saw the ewe in a field. She had 2 strong looking lambs with her, so no sign of any harmful diseases??

I asked the farmer, he said he has only ever seen it twice in his life, he reckons it is 1:10,000.

Has anyone else seen a sheep with no ears before??

I think you will find that if sheep graze rape at a certain stage that happens. I remember seeing a flock of Border Leicesters that had the same problem.

Resisting the temptation for awful puns. It might be the result of sunburn due to eating Bog Asphodel. Saut it gets called round here and can result in very severe damage to the extremities. Not heard of a parasite doing that unless it is fly-strike secondary to other damage

A friend of mine who is a sheep grazier was telling me about a lamb he had the had a forked tail ??? They noticed it when marking them.
But really in regards to your earless ewe, No eye deer.

I suspect someone's breeding them like that on purpose so they can tell DEFRA what they can do with their compulsory ear tagging :D

I suspect someone's breeding them like that on purpose so they can tell DEFRA what they can do with their compulsory ear tagging :D

Now that's a great idea. They would be worth a fortune if you could breed them. In fact I'll place an order for the first two ewe lambs.

Back