Thread: Need help full length sizing some 308 brass

Need help full length sizing some 308 brass

Just recently recieved some once fired .308 brass I ordered and dropped a bit of a bollock.

I totally forgot that it will need full length sizing before I can use it. My reloading setup is a basic Lee Loader Classic that only neck sizes. I've tried the cases in my rifle and they go tight way before the bolt is closed.

I'm after some very kind soul in the West Mids / Staffs area that has a press that I could use to full length size these cases. Willing to pay / buy you some case lube / bring ice cold beers (delete as appropriate), as a thank you.

Thanks,

Tim

PS this is not a chance to start the old full size vs neck size debate, read it many times before and don't care. My lee loader only neck sizes, I got it because it was cheap and I won't be reloading 1000's of rounds.

If you are willing to buy some imperial wax and post the cases and wax i'll do them for you ! I live in Nottinghamshire .
    Best to pack them in a small box or they will need sizing again

Thanks for the offering I'll bear it in mind. Was hoping to find someone more local to avoid the postage costs, they're not the cheapest things to post.

How many, what brand and have you checked the case length? I might be able to help. I ride the chase so could arrange something.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    How many, what brand and have you checked the case length? I might be able to help. I ride the chase so could arrange something.
    I have 100 Winchester cases. Just measured 15 cases they range from 2.010 to 2.020 majority are around 2.014-2.016. I leave 1 mile off the corner of the Chase. Do you ride the Dog or Monkey trail?

I ride both. Your very lucky being so close. Cracking trails.

Stand by whilst I look at my next trip over.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Sounds like another great result from using SD.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    Just recently recieved some once fired .308 brass I ordered and dropped a bit of a bollock.

I totally forgot that it will need full length sizing before I can use it. My reloading setup is a basic Lee Loader Classic that only neck sizes. I've tried the cases in my rifle and they go tight way before the bolt is closed.

I'm after some very kind soul in the West Mids / Staffs area that has a press that I could use to full length size these cases. Willing to pay / buy you some case lube / bring ice cold beers (delete as appropriate), as a thank you.

Thanks,

Tim

PS this is not a chance to start the old full size vs neck size debate, read it many times before and don't care. My lee loader only neck sizes, I got it because it was cheap and I won't be reloading 1000's of rounds.
    Hi i am located in South Birmingham if thats any use to you ?