Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combines in action

Combines in action

Driving up from Yeovil on Weds I saw a MF combine in a big field of barley and the two adjacent fields were baled. Very early unless it is for crimping. Last week noticed lots of pigeons on the wire above cereals so looks like a potentially v early harvest.

D

Pigeons dropping in on cereal crops all round Cheshire for a fortnight or so.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Still 2 weeks to go here until they dust the combine off

Saw a combine harvesting Barley near Swaffham, Norfolk yesterday.

No but that farm is just up the road from me. Difficult to say if the barley is ready or dead as its been extremely dry in our area and winter planted on S facing banks has been well and truly baked. The fields I saw being cut were just outside Taunton.

D

my son grows a few oats, and they have just started to push up spears ,though we are usualy 2 months behind ,the long day light helps growing crops

Never seen so much oats been grown as this year, big acreage been grown around us and looks very healthy.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    No but that farm is just up the road from me. Difficult to say if the barley is ready or dead as its been extremely dry in our area and winter planted on S facing banks has been well and truly baked. The fields I saw being cut were just outside Taunton.

D
    Hi I'm in Taunton - would you be able to be more specific please? I've not been able to get out much lately!!

Thanks