Thread: Wildcat pred8 mods

Wildcat pred8 mods

Hi all just wondering what the mod on my 223 as above is proofed upto ? Is there anyway you can tell or is it stamped anywhere ? Cheers Wally

What do you mean? As in what pressure?

If it helps, I had my tikka 223 proofed when i shortened the barrel and had a ASE Utra S5 fitted. The proof house stamps the moderator with .223 and their identification marks, which I suppose confirms that particular set up passes their pressure tests.

Basically what other cals is it suitable for ?

Oh right ok, Wildcats are marked inside so open it up and count the notches!

Have a look here:

Changing rifle calibres with the same moderator

Thanks very much for that info CSL , just bought a brand new one for my new 243 Howa stalker and just checked my existing pred8 which I use for my 223 varmint and it has the 2 rings so am I right in thinking I could of used the same original mod for both by just changing the thread section for use on individual rifles ?

Hope my input is not confusing the issue as my one is an ASE S5 and not a Predator. However, it is rated up to 25 06 so I use it on a 243 and 223 as the screw cut is the same on both rifles. Being a muzzle mounted can it simply spins off one and onto the other. atb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyboy View Post
    Thanks very much for that info CSL , just bought a brand new one for my new 243 Howa stalker and just checked my existing pred8 which I use for my 223 varmint and it has the 2 rings so am I right in thinking I could of used the same original mod for both by just changing the thread section for use on individual rifles ?
    Yes it sounds like you have a .243 mod so it can be used on both (although it won't be as quiet as it could be on the .223)

I bought my P8 with .30 cal baffles for use on the .308.
    I bought the .22cal baffles for it when I wanted to try it on my .223 (normally use a DM80) and changed them over.