Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any CLA reports?

Any CLA reports?

Any reports from visits to the CLA Game Fair this year?
    What was good?
    What was bad?
    What was your overall impression?

New UK record cwd (263 Cic) and new roe record (224.3cic)

Went yesterday with derek.snr. I thought it was a great show. Met up with a few SD members and caught up with all our suppliers and a few customers.

Friday entrance fee of 29 quid is a bit of a pi55 take, but it is what it is. Got in at 0900 and left at 1930. No traffic problems whatsoever but it was very hot, well into 30+ degrees.

Food, as ever, is expensive - 7.00 for a cheeseburger made me smile. We just took our own grub and left our cool bag at the rear of Sportsman Gun Centre stand (Cheers Gary). Make sure you take/drink LOTS of water.

a good day out it helped as i had free tickets;very hot there so take plenty of drink with you as everything is expensive

very impressed with the strasser rifles on sportsman stand ,go and have a look ,trigger was excellent,gun was designed by blaser

Quote Originally Posted by derek.snr View Post
    very impressed with the strasser rifles on sportsman stand ,go and have a look ,trigger was excellent,gun was designed by blaser
    ​Agree 100% with this! The whole rifle can be totally stripped in a couple of minutes just using the top sling swivel as a tool!

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/1451dd6e85bc626018051934/Strasser+RS+05+Synthetic/

Last edited by Hunting Solutions; 20-07-2013 at 20:27. Reason: linky

looking forward to tomorrow....

Travelled down on Thursday and stayed on the CLA campsite. Got up Friday and went for a shower at 5:15am to avoid the rush only to find a line of gents waiting for a shower! We were informed that only 2 showers were unlocked and the others would not be opened till 6am.
    Pre paid tickets enabled a swift entry and once inside as other years I was not disappointed.
    The weather was glorious but as the temperature increased the pace slowed and all shaded areas were heavily populated. i left for home this morning at 9:30am and the traffic entering did not appear too bad, with a cloudy sky it should be a better day for walking round the fair.
    Overall another good CLA, spent too much but it's only once a year (weather permitting)
    ​ATB 243 Stalker.

Glad I didn't pay to get in... Bag o ****e, not much to buy that can't be bought cheaper on the Internet, full of gypos, idiots dragging dogs round and people that go just to get tanked up.. I would say save your cash and put it towards a trip to Kelso next year!

regards

Jez
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    ​Agree 100% with this! The whole rifle can be totally stripped in a couple of minutes just using the top sling swivel as a tool!

+1. Very good guy on the strasser stand, excellent piece of kit, finally settled for the Mauser MO3 in wood in 6.5 x 55 and 308 as my bucket list top entry. Gotta save up for that piece of kit. Gotta have it.

Overall a very good day, no travel hold ups, no trouble getting in or out 3 hrs each way for me. Good day out had by all, purchased some ammo and some stalking bits at good prices, no complaints good day all round

​Phil