Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian's

Vegetarian's

What a funny bunch they are. I have a fish and chip shop. Today a lady came in with what looked like her mother all smiles and niceness. I asked her if she'd like any fish putting in. She said could I ask if you fry in oil I said no sorry I only fry in beef dripping. Well this nice lady's face changed and gave me a look like I'd just head butted her 90 year old granny. I wouldn't mind but it looked like her husband sat in the car outside had leather seats and steering wheel in there fancy motor
    Last edited by ziggyfiley; 20-07-2013 at 20:04.

Funny isn't it. Eat the flesh of the fish but get stroppy about the fat it's fried in????m
    the modern world is a strange place innit.

Vegetarian = poor shot.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

So did she have fish and chips in dripping or what?
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

It's a personal choice thing so at the end of the day I have no problem if anyone doesn't want to eat what we are designed to eat-a mixed and varied diet.
    However what does get on my wick is the need to point out at every given chance that they are veggies,the fact if they visit you you make allowances with any food served and yet you are expected to eat non-meat only when you go to them and the moral high ground many seem to think they have.
    PS..................my brother and his partner are sodding veggies

No she stomped out in a huff especially when I told her no others fish shops in the town fried in oil either.

why is quorn etc made into burgers and sausages ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    why is quorn etc made into burgers and sausages ?
    Cos they atleast like to pretend there eating something tidy whilst chewing there quorn lol ... to be fair I have tried a few , some are alright, some taste like card board ... It's vegan's I feel sorry for, there not much the poor buggers can eat

Some eat fish, some eat eggs, some won't touch milk, some won't have anything at all to do with anything animal. I can't keep up with it all.

To be honest, they're entitled to their opinion and I'd fight for anyone's right to eat what they want and believe what they want. (Easy to say, I know, being too old to be in anyone's army). But the one thing I can't understand is those that will turn their noses up because you shoot a pheasant and eat it, then go home and eat a chicken that has lived a matter of weeks being intensively farmed in atrocious conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Some eat fish, some eat eggs, some won't touch milk, some won't have anything at all to do with anything animal. I can't keep up with it all.

To be honest, they're entitled to their opinion and I'd fight for anyone's right to eat what they want and believe what they want. (Easy to say, I know, being too old to be in anyone's army). But the one thing I can't understand is those that will turn their noses up because you shoot a pheasant and eat it, then go home and eat a chicken that has lived a matter of weeks being intensively farmed in atrocious conditions.
    Sorry you have bitten off more than you can chew with this one!

Have. You actually been to a broiler poultry farm???

Or are you running on about things you know nothing about, and only saying what the media speculates.

British poultry is reared in the best conditions in the world under the strictest regulations in the world.

How do I know this is fact - because I'm a broiler farm manager and I have to BY law rear my birds to these regulations.

So if you have substantial evidence of atrocious conditions please share. Until.then I would refrainfrom running on about things you know nothing about.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.