Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed sighting ? Help needed.

Confirmed sighting ? Help needed.

Right then, as mentioned in other thread's , I am seeing nothing but does atm, up on looking through a lot of footage my camera has picked up this week I think I spy a pricket , however ... it's not 100% and might just be wishful thinking so putting the video up for other opinions. My pal and I both think it's a pricket as far as we can see.

Either way, with so many females about and not seeing many males, I starting to think I may be better off leaving him to go forth and multiply and hold back until later in the season for the Does

can see his brush clear enough :-)

The combat indicator would be the antlers and the pizzle. Definitely a buck! The Mature bucks will be elsewhere. He's just a young un running around with mum. Wouldn't make a difference if you culled him or left him alone. Come the rut he would get a kicking!

as deer man said definately a young buck, one for the freezer he will be good eating ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Thank you gents , since the camera's wasn't mega clear I thought perhaps it was wishing thinking . but yep he is there alright

Your right Deer Man, mature bucks must be away as I am yet to see one. This group that is coming in is getting bigger every week for me though and am sure the big bucks will make an appearance during rutting time

What would you advise regards taking a pricket in that case pal ?

Shoot as many prickets as you like! The does control the population!

definitely a pricket , come the 1st he should see the inside of the chiller...

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    Thank you gents , since the camera's wasn't mega clear I thought perhaps it was wishing thinking . but yep he is there alright

Your right Deer Man, mature bucks must be away as I am yet to see one. This group that is coming in is getting bigger every week for me though and am sure the big bucks will make an appearance during rutting time

What would you advise regards taking a pricket in that case pal ?
    I would say take the prickets, n problem there, he will probably leave the doe group before the rut, BUT I would also say do not spend August to october picking off prickets out of groups of does, or come the first of November you won't get near the does, and it sounds like you have plenty of does you can take.

In my experience buck groups will be separate from the does at the moment, but if you have does the bucks will come, and before the rut! Have fun!

cheers for the advice mate, I'll only be looking to take 1 , 2 at the max. Don't want to shoot out the land. Hoping they will be there for many years to come

Good to see them Lloyd, you'll be a busy boy soon!