Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilux problem

Hilux problem

Anybody had any problems with the red diff lock light fading on and off when driving normally? No 4wd was engaged or the diff lock switched on, Just driving in normal 2wd

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
    Anybody had any problems with the red diff lock light fading on and off when driving normally? No 4wd was engaged or the diff lock switched on, Just driving in normal 2wd

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Pete
    Have you had it serviced recently?
    I had the exact same problem after a service by my local garage, I believe it was their fault, some diesel was spilt when changing the fuel filter and this somehow got into a sensor/switch
    They couldn't find the fault so I had no option but to take it the main dealers (robbers) who eventually found the fault (so they told me) was a faulty switch, they only had the truck for 45 minutes but the bill was 120!
    Cheers
    Richard

Funnily enough Richard I had it serviced not even 2 weeks ago! Sounds expensive to change a switch but better than replacing a broken diff I suppose. Many thanks for the info.

​Pete

I know its on a shogun and not as hilux but had the same light come up every so often until I had the inlet manifold cleaned out. someone had blanked the egr off after it had all coked up. after a few hours elbow grease it was as good as new. and again, I know its on a bishi and not a Toyota but they have been known to block up in as little as 50k. just an idea that could be worth a look.

That's the trouble with carrying all that hairdressing equipment

, Warning lights EH!, I only found out there was a low fuel warning lamp on the Land Rover, after a few circuits on Arran one year. My new BMW bike has all the bells & whistles that belong on the big saloons from the same stable, A bit of a learning curve at the Mo'
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi there buddy I've had this problem with my warrior I use for shooting only and found it to be a defective switch after a lot of fault finding by the mechanics that work for me,even when it was plugged in to the diagnostics computer it was not found so it may take a while to find but if it is not causing a problem and you have to pay for your work is it worth pursuing.A good auto electrician will possibly be the cheapest option if you do want to fix it.

Sounds like youve had landrover parts installed perhaps?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Sounds like youve had landrover parts installed perhaps?

well well well a toyota gives a problem unbelievable you should own a landrover you would know all about breakdowns and faults. My d4d 128K 04 still going strong .
    But don't they Landrovers look lovely even when they need pulling out with the real thing.

If you want to go out in the desert go in a Landrover .If you want to get back go in a TOYOTA.
    Its amazing the only time you have to complain is when is when someone has put the fault in. ( probably a landrover mechanic )

Toyota hilux breakdown forum join now 0 members.

Good luck and many more trouble free miles to go woodfordfallow
    Last edited by woodfordfallow; 22-07-2013 at 07:50. Reason: mmm